Post your Solid State pics here

Hi Sakis, it is a 10W per channel amplifier, but I do plan to build some high efficiency speakers to get the most out of it.

Mooly, thanks for posting the link for me. It wasn't modesty...I just didn't know how to do it!

Regards,
Joel

no mater the power its a clean and neat job so well done my friend (eventhough i am not in the Class A story been looking at your circuit and looks pretty , simple , and straight forward .... so i presume that it also plays like that )

well done ...diy at its best !!!

Not the proper place, and not exactly a photo, but here is the final artwork of a brazilian friend, efragnani:
YouTube - Gainclone 02a
If you search Ostripper's website (Current Directory: /WEBSITE/New_material/), there you'll find a reproduction of Hi-Fi News & Record Reviews magazine, from december, 1973, showing Pink Floyd's experience with quadraphonic recording and reproduction. On page 2585, one can read:
"The clunks and clicks on Money....".
Well, OS, I think my friend efragnani has redefined Pink Floyd's work.
From now on we will read: "The clunks, clicks and barks on Money...".
hahahahahahahahaha
Cheers,
Max.

Hiraga Le monstre-just finished.
200VA 2x12V transformer, CRC filter, Bias 0.7A, enclosure from modushop.

DSC06954.jpg

DSC06956.jpg

DSC06957.jpg

that is a super sexy case, i want to order 2 of these from modushop.

Could put my class a mini's in there.

Thank you !

I think that these two radiator heat dissipation in range from 30-35W for each.

That case's heatsinks should carry 120-150w/8R (class AB-B) per channel , same style and size as most of the DH haflers , yamaha pro 100-125w units. The sony,nikko,jvc's use the "skived" (they shave the fins off of a solid block) aluminum heatsinks (below 1) ... about double the C/watt capacity . That one below can do 480 watts. they are not as durable , most are internally located.

OS

Attachments

• skivedHS.jpg
    skivedHS.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 1,633
Last edited:
Ahhh , triple .... unique cascoded design. :cool::cool: Have you "blasted" (listened) yet??

PS in the real world (OEM) , your 4 pair of NJW's in triple mode can be honestly rated at 300/500 watts (8/4R). provided your rails are below 65V (this is where the "knee"- dropoff in the NJW's SOA is).

OS

Not yet. But I hope I can listen it in this weekend.

The maximum output power is about 440W/4ohm, the maximum output is 120Vpp, if the rails not drop more than 1V. Maybe I will make separated PSU for the VAS, with some regulated +/-70V. This means 3V more output. But I think, that it's not really necessary.

Sajti