Post your Solid State pics here

recently low cost making,have fun:)
6 * 2sk30a preamp and tea2025 btl power amp.

-zang

Attachments

• 7-pre+amp.jpg
    7-pre+amp.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 2,205
  • 8-pre+amp.jpg
    8-pre+amp.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 2,110
  • 10-details.jpg
    10-details.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,930
  • 9-details.jpg
    9-details.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,842
Hallo to everybody !
..this is my realization of a PtP n-hexfet stereo amp ("The Saint" 's design.. thanks man.!) with 1 pair of industrial 60Amp peak current fets & ecc83 triode buffer per channel, @ +/-33v rails, fused protection, soft start delay, descrete geared attenuator pots, a balance pot (hi-fi style) & 6 input selector+rec out, hand made to the bone.

This baby is absolutely a Work of art

lgreen nice one. I also retrofit old japaneese amps with some good stuff.

Great! Old japanese (and other amps) have plenty of room for connectors on the back and you can even reuse some of them, here I have kept the Onkyo speaker fuses in-use, they are probably 30 years old (using original fuses too). Also they have flat faceplates which makes it easy to replace or cover the original faceplate with your own metal. And the covers have ventilation slots for cooling.

Newer receivers and amps often use curved front panels which makes substituting your own panel much more difficult.

Edit- pic added

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

a walk in the pass labs

Athens is hot in the summer time ...so got my shelf a walk in a more cooler area ...the pass labs

i made my shelf a generic B1 buffer just for listening pleasure .... well prooved a nice expirience
--nice drive
-- excellent dynamics
-- wonderfull colours
-- nice bandwidth
-- suprizingly noiseless
-- and most of all sounds amazingly natural

even though its a very generic construction and suffers from a few construction issues and small excecution mistakes still plays by far better than similar thingies i heard in the past

only seems that palys better with 24 volts than with 18 dont know if my imagination or ears or too much cofee play some game with me about that ...

regards sakis

Attachments

• Εικόνα021.jpg
    Εικόνα021.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,443
  • Εικόνα020.jpg
    Εικόνα020.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,508
I have just completed my DCB1 and took some pictures.It can be considered as an upgraded version of Pass B1. It has a shunt regulated PSU made in a way that no copling caps are needed, so no need to place any capacitor in the signal path. It has Takeman resistors in the signal path and has been made the mod of upping the CCS current and changing the electrolytic bypass capacitor of the led chain to polypropilene orange drops (0.1uF) ones.
Its volume control is a lightspeed (LDR) attenuator, so no pots or switches or precarious contact points in the signal path. It is power supplied by its own regulated psu, feeded from the main preamp psu.
All signal wiring is Cat.5e network cable wires. I tried to made my bests in arranging a neat and separated wiring scheme. Chassis has been refurbished from an old telecom equipment.

Wonderful clean sound. No audible background noise, neither placing the ear near the speaker cone.

Regards,
Regi

Attachments

• IMGP1804.JPG
    IMGP1804.JPG
    493.3 KB · Views: 1,431
  • IMGP1807.JPG
    IMGP1807.JPG
    417.9 KB · Views: 1,276
  • IMGP1808.JPG
    IMGP1808.JPG
    559.5 KB · Views: 620