Post your Solid State pics here

Dx Super A

Not clean, not ready but already looking good.

I will replace driver's heatsink.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Super A - one.jpg
    Dx Super A - one.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 1,710
Thanks guys for the feedback!

Jacco, Patrick (meanman) means that the especially the wood looks better in real life. Concerning the holes in the bottomplate; they are not necesarry, the heatsinks are a lot overdimenioned.

About the short gate stopper leads; I blowed already 10 pairs at least of these beauties (2sk1530/2sj201), I learned my lesson.
The way I solder the OPS to the PCB when mounted to the heatsinks is very easy, see the picture below.

See post #123 for some more data and simulation results.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/198209-amp-design-subwoofer-wideband-duty-13.html

Attachments

• SAM_0969 comp.JPG
    SAM_0969 comp.JPG
    226.1 KB · Views: 1,621
Concerning the holes

I didn't count on you not having thought that through, think of it as asking how it turned out.
Even Kerafol for the Hitachi BOBs, I see. (zware voet ? :clown: )

Good to see others use HP laminate board for (top)/bottom panels.
When faced with having to lower a transformer by half an inch through the bottom, I ended up with a sub-chassis Meteon.
The edges make it less attractive for the top, but wonderful material for bottom panels.

My latest home brew amp module.......

I outdid myself this time with this version of my little power amp module, the sound is immaculately accurate and precise. Nothing seems to be left out of the music program, even the most subtitle background percussion sounds are heard in the ‘sound stage’ presence.

More on this amp can be found HERE.....

Attachments

• DSCF7750.JPG
    DSCF7750.JPG
    326.9 KB · Views: 1,370