Carver M-1.5t schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
anatech said:
Hi Shawn,
That is very kind of you sir!

Thank you.

I could set up a temp password and it could be dropped into the website via ftp. I just wanna see 10mb of carver but I'm willing to share. Also something like Art Split Pro could be used to break the pdf pie into slices, though I have never used it. My point is that there are options to breaking it down. :)

Cheers.

Carver M1.5T

Chris,
Not that familiar with triac regulation circuit. My query is regarding a component in the gate circuit of the triac. It is labeled DC1 and looks like some sort of diode(same dimensions as a 1N4148), but measures open circuit. The supply attempts to work, but makes speakers pop intermittently and pulses off and on until it finally settles down to work. Also seems noisy with a no signal condition.
Thanks,
Kevin

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi wellsvid,
Yup, it's a 40V diac.

Use a 10K resistor or better and check with a meter and a power supply if you want. It should suddenly begin to conduct. Note the voltage, reverse it and test again. These two readings must be the same or you will have misfiring problems.

Bad filter caps may also cause this condition. The lower two tiers will be suspect. This sounds more like your problem.

-Chris

Hi, I would be interested in this schematic too. But what I really need is to know the capacitor value and spec for the cap that connects to the speaker terminations. It is the one that connects in series to a resistor at the speaker termination.

I believe that it is a .47uf 630V cap but I can't read the physical cap real well.

Thanks
Phil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.