Goldmund

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's nice to know what different brands will have different sound :D
Someone here bought Goldmund full system, the guy from Goldmund comes to Bandung to set up the system

Attachments

• system.jpg
    system.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,705
Amps

Goldmund amplifiers are very nice but remember that they truely are a luxory product. They are fast and quiet, with special attention to grounding. But as with everything from there, the legend "Swiss Made" is going to cost you.

Goldmund products are a mystery, you can get specs, but no details of how they are constructed, there are no internal pictures on the net nor interviews of designers or reviews. Pictures on the internet are front only, power off, no rear pics and no close-ups of details. Criticism is sparse as their high cost will prevent owners from negative comments, and keeps them out of the hands of the curious. A unique and mysterious product, much like Burmester and other esoteric manufacturers.

Here is a picture of a few amps I've got around here, the one with wood is my DIY Krell clone, the Goldmund is a 28M.

lgreen said:
Goldmund products are a mystery, you can get specs, but no details of how they are constructed, there are no internal pictures on the net nor interviews of designers or reviews. Pictures on the internet are front only, power off, no rear pics and no close-ups of details.

Rear shots, some close-ups and some internals are available on the Stellavox Japan website.
http://www.stellavox-japan.co.jp/products/goldmund/

Once the weekend rolls around, I can get to my parent's house to borrow their scanner, and upload some better internal shots of their lower end stuff. The pictures are from Stereo Sound magazine, Japan's highest-end audio rag, which often shows internals of products they review. I used to have the issue showing a comparison of their different construction techniques, and how they use them to tune the sound of their different lines, but sadly I threw that out when I moved. All I have are pretty pictures of their lowest end preamp and power amp. I also have an ad for one of their DACs, where they show some of the internals, so I'll scan that too.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I saw many pictures from Japanese Stereo Sound. Nice looking amps . . .

It seems that Goldmund claims the mechnical grounding is very important factor for pre and power amps. I hope I am wrong with this because I can not see any logic there. If they insist it for marketing effort, I would have to shut up my mouth.

Regards
jh

Re: Amps

lgreen said:
A unique and mysterious product, much like Burmester and other esoteric manufacturers.

No so overhere, nearly all German designers have been very open in magazines and audio shows.
In the previous century i've seen some open Goldmund Mimesis designs. Top notch in those days, probably standard now.
Anyone of you old enough to have heard the Goldmund vinyl turners ?

The Men in Black ! I knew it, David is an alien.

Hi, Phase Accurate,

You are from Switzerland also, are you familiar with FM Acoustics or Goldmund?

FM and Goldmund seems to take different approach for making audio gears. FM still believes in LP (analog), while Goldmund goes to all digital.
In those power amps, the input is digital (there must be DAC's inside each Goldmund power amps).

I would guess Goldmund are David's personal security guys.
Yes, they are big strong men :D I guess it needs energy to move around those speakers, they weigh so much, difficult for speaker placement.

JH, you look like a bodyguard yourself :D

You are from Switzerland also, are you familiar with FM Acoustics or Goldmund?

I knew that these exist (there are even more than these two) - but apart from an early FM800 power amp I have never had the opportunity to listen to anything from these manufacturers.
Keep in mind that these are absolute luxory products also for Swiss people.
There are not many people here that know that these products exist at all - since most people buy cheap mass market equipment anyway.

Regards

Charles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.