Goldmund

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jh6you said:
Nei . . . I am small and weak.

But you look like a Shanghai drug lord, JH6You.
You do not happen to need a bodyguard ? At 240lbs i am almost as fat as the guy on the left. :clown:

From what i recollect from the articles on the Goldmund Apologue loudspeakers in the 1980s aluminium was chosen for vibration reasons. Using alloy gave the best rigidity, still heavy monsters though, even heard them in Switzerland.
(i'll be in Switzerland in 3 weeks time, maybe the DaTZeel on this run)

My father in law had that system back in the early 90s with the matching turntable. It was what inspired my interest in audio to this day. He still has that turntable (it wan a gift from his wife) but the new system is Avantgarde Trios, 6 Bass Horns, AudioPax amps, Hovland preamp and some $50K Japanese CD player.

This new system is considerably less costly and accomplishes the impossible, it sounds light-years better.

It is a valuable resource for people like us to be able to hear systems like this. Sometimes, it teaches us what we have done wrong, but often it lets us know what we have done right.

Hi Jacco

We expect snow tomorrow. But I don't know wheter it will last in the lower areas. So maybe you won't see much of it and that way this preconception will be disproven as well. ;)

I don't know who has the amp on show. If you look at their homepage they don't state dealers but just their distributors. In the case of Switzerland it is themselves personally. Maybe you'd have to go there and so you will see an area with a slight mediterranean touch with the snowy alps in the background (and so the preconception gets alive again).

Regards

Charles

Edit: forgot to mention but here you can find dealers for many trademarks. Goldmund's home is close to the one of the DarTZeel BTW.

http://www.swisshighend.ch/service/marken/

It is a valuable resource for people like us to be able to hear systems like this. Sometimes, it teaches us what we have done wrong, but often it lets us know what we have done right.

I found something interesting about this :D In listening to audio systems, I always try to be neutral, listening without concerning the price. But some people is different. When they know the price is expensive or the "look" is expensive or hi-tech, they already said "it is good sounding...." without listening to the sound first :D

digitial inputs?

What's the deal with the new Goldmund amps and their digital inputs???

There is no volume control on the amp so why would anyone use a digital fixed input? I can only think of 2 reasons.

1. Does the analog input get converted to digital inside the amp to a digital output which then connects to digital inputs on the rest of your $20K amp collection, allowing your analog preamp to control the volume level in all amplifiers?

2. Do their preamps have variable digital out?

Goldmund had a big stand at the 2004 CES in Vegas.
A lot of audio magazines published articles on the CES, think i've seen pictures of the Eidos in at least three of them.
(archiving +20 years of half a dozen audio magazine subscriptions is becoming a problem overhere. Even bigger problem that i'm storing everything i read in my head, i can do phone and bank account numbers from 25 years ago)

www.dagogo.com/Events/CES2004/CESGoldmund.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.