Death of Gain Clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The output inductor:

Attachments

• ind.jpg
    ind.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 12,792
the gainclone looks better on your pictures :D

i don't like the gainclone sound very much anyway,call me crazy but i prefer the sound of class A amplifiers like the DOZ (Death of zen, looks like there is lots of blood in the Audio amplifiers world ;) ) or good digital amps like the 41hz or autocostruire, or even better UCD modules, when lots of power is needed...

but lets talk about what is so good in your amp, i'm always looking after building new amps, but i'm poor.

the bgaudio.org site looks wonderfull anyway ! it's a shame i dont understand a thing !

Hi, Darkfenriz,

The output stage is more 'transconductance' than error correction.
I don't understand this. Better or worse than error correction? I feel that error correction is already a big help for low biased classAB :D If this is better then.....WOW

Hi, Widowmaker,

Is it possible to make your DOGC with higher voltage, say +/-50V? Cascoding the differential Jfet or use high voltage bipolars for differential?

Hi, Widowmaker,

I see the important part in your DOGC is the 47ohm resistor.

Sometime ago, I proposed similiar idea but it is said to be ordinary CFP :D

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62223&highlight=

In my idea, R5 works like your 47ohm, the difference is my idea works as "current source" final trans are common emitors, while in yours, the final transistors are emitor followers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.