My beloved amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ROCKMANDRAKE said:
Dear Dark Horse, ( hi, destroyer X )

Congratulations ...

Here is Little brother fully functional schematic...

Sound is gorgeous with high sensibility loudspeakers ( 96 db 1W 1m, at least )...

Ps : AD 161 can be swapped for 2N326 or 2N1218...

Regards from FRANCE

Rock

Thank you,Mr. Rock!
Is you Lead me to the germanium way...haha...
I using Fostex loudspeaker unit,model NO. is FE126E 93dB...
as you say so:it Sound gorgeously...
because using Z11 high quality EI sheet...so the efficiency above 35%...without global NFB makes germanium's characteristic showed nudity...I love this circuit topology.

enjoy it!
regards from china
winco

;)

Here is one i have made to have fun

Using 220V - 100 watts ligth bulb as load (34.5 to 45 ohms) i have made this toy to have fun.

Power is very low... THD is also very low...sound is fine.... quality is high, this one is not too much mufled as transistor is having very high current.... the ligth bulb will dissipate 35 watts of heat...efficiency is bellow 4 percent to have a clean sound with low distortion.... a nice stone aged amplifiers ...because waste a lot of energy without produce power.... a really bad design this one i have made...but serves to have fun during a rainy weekend.

A very low power you gonna have...but enougth to drive almost all kind of speakers.... audio frequency response goes to deep bass and very high frequencies..the unit is flat.

Transistor will also dissipate enormous heat.... 35 watts is a lot of heat and the transistor operates very hot..use enormous heatsink if you are not living in Siberia.

enjoy...nothing special...just a toy...this one having something about Rock Mandrake style of amplifier....lovely units those ones.

A real DIY amplifier.... sounds very good...cost is low.

Supply, to have 70 volts, can be picked from the plus 35 and minus 35 supplies you have around..the ones used normally to the biggest majority of 50 watts amplifiers we have into our forum.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• rock mandrake style fun amplifier... 2 to 3 watts, low distortion..pdf
    59.7 KB · Views: 337
finally...I post this schematics that test passed:

Attachments

• 4w-germanium-amp.jpg
    4w-germanium-amp.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 617
AD161/162 Z3

Hi,

very good idea but >>>>

don't forget that i can send to you 2 matched pairs ( siemens AD161/162 Z3* ) and 2 ac153K ( siemens ) for free !!!

Please note : Z3 means low gain so you will have to swap " compulsory kiwame " ( 220 ohm - on my schematic ) for 82 or 100 ohm.
The 8.2 ohm which link AD161/162 base will be swapped for 2 or 3 ohm one !!!

* AD161/162 high gain are Z7 series....

Gérard
Hello sir, I like classical music very much. I really like the sound of germanium, can you send me a pair of 2 matched pairs (siemens AD161/162 Z3*) and 2 ac153K (siemens )? Email: 1210536522@qq.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.