My beloved amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

i am proud to introduce to you my very last personal realization.

As good as single ended tube amp !!

Fitted with germanium power device, Elna silmic caps, kiwame resistor this amp ( 2X8watts ) is gorgeous with my Magnepan ( Mg1c ).

Attachments

• pfm bigversion.jpg
    pfm bigversion.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 7,678
ROCKMANDRAKE said:
Hi there,

i am proud to introduce to you my very last personal realization.

As good as single ended tube amp !!

Fitted with germanium power device, Elna silmic caps, kiwame resistor this amp ( 2X8watts ) is gorgeous with my Magnepan ( Mg1c ).

Hi,
nice works,your artwork as good as vacuum-tube machine...
I still believe "simple is the best" & I love simple circuit!
I am very intersting in it,can you post the schematics to me?
thank you first!
my email address:
hwkdesign@163.com

cheers!
WINCO

;)

Here people create some PMPO power....crazy measurement

Peak....P
Music....M
Power....P
Output....O

They colect the maximum sinal distorted and make adition of left and rigth channels....20 years ago they multiplied the value by a factor of 10

Now a days they are multiplying by 30.

So....small radio, those that operate in AC and DC, portable battery powered stereo radios, with 1 clean watt each channel, distorted gone to 2.5 watts...total of 5.0 watts....and multiplying the result was 150 watts PMPO.

And you go to check the power consumption in the back panel, and read there 8 watts maximum.....Magic!.... we waste 8 watts of mains energy, as consumption, and magically was transformed to 150 Watts.

We use to say here, that those power measurement are:

Potencia Musical Para Otários

Music Power For Idiots

Maybe our friend is using one of those different power measurements...alike instantaneous burst peak heavily distorted one single channel driven power.

hehe

Carlos

?

yes,even the amp operating in class-b,when out put 8W,one side voltage must higher than 8V...8W/8ohm=1A,that is 0.707A(RMS),I think that the amp is SEPP,so each transistor got about 0.35A(RMS),transistor min power waste is 8V*0.35A=2.8W,as the Ge transistor is TO-3 package.it still has large heat can't dispose,so it will go so heat,and Ge transistor is very bad in high temperature...it will breakdown soon!!??
I really don't understand how it works...
:confused:

Re: I have received the schematic by mail.

destroyer X said:
The amplifier is very interesting...i will construct it, as soon as i found the output units.

I will use heatsinks, but i imagine that the power is not correct, or if correct, will be danger to output units.

regards,

Carlos

hello,Mr.Carlos:
ha,my god!you are lucky!
please send me a copy of the schematics,I am very intersting in it.
thank you!
hwkdesign@163.com

enjoy!
WINCO

:bigeyes:

Darkhorse, my dear, despite i want to publish, i think i have not this rigth to do.

Because we asked him to publish....he did not published.

So, he may have his personal reasons to avoid, as you could see, many people, including myself, had doubts about.... no heatsink...and those things....the real power output.

There are people that do not like to listen those things, others apreciate, others love those informs...depending the case, the sittuation, who is saying this or that...if the one that make criticisms not usually do that, or if the one that make criticisms always do that...well...depends on many sittuations.

Beeing my schematics, i always test deeply, so, when i publish, people can say everything and i will read to see if they can have some good idea...but knowing very well the unit published.

Others do not do this way, do not apreciate to discuss, do not want to listen other people ideas...i do not know nothing about our friend...more than you, i know his name, his schematic and that he is a reserved guy...show the amplifier to us, but are not asking if it is good or not...he already know it is good for his ears, he is satisfied, want to share with the ones have the intention to try..... to others that want to aplied theories, rules and things alike....i think he is not asking that....(my personal opinion, as he did not published).

I will not publish, except if he tell me to do that!

Also i have to construct, and listen, to say something more interesting about.

.........................................................................................................

Pavel or Epupa....well, i confuse you two, and sometimes others small groups we have...close friends from Germany, from East Europe, from North Europe....and this way things goes...and there are another group from your region too.

As you think almost the same way....progressive guys you are, always making research to find something new and better, i think it is normal not to love those simple and old designs...as this is some return to the past...when future will bring us better sounds equipments....but we have to dream....life was constituted with our past too....the past is alive inside us, the same way as present is alive and our future dreams seems alive in our mind.

Those transistors, AD161 and AD162 are connected to many beautifull moments i have in my life.... with my family, girlfriend, parties, healthy moments...so..... represents lovely memories.

Also, if we go thinking to future....nothing we are doing here are actual or even futuristic...now the "thing" is a small piece of hardware that can record 3 Gigabytes of MP3 music.

For the future... audio will be transfered to cranium base.... some new transference process..... feelings will be controled by small push buttons....pain will be suppressed by buttons...and all we are doing here, if not already oldies, will be old things in a couple of years.

regards,

Carlos

I could understand you clearly....nice young womans, and i was watching those AD trs

So....having enormous pleasure with the kind girl friend company, and watching transistors, and all those good feelings beeing projected into the transistors and those old amplifiers.

Watching quality were there's no quality....the good feeling dedicated to my girl friend confused with the sonic qualities.

Yeah!...it is very possible.....i can believe that i could make that confusion, because that room used to be very hot (maybe my environment temperature).

I remember that i remove a lot of things inside a closet...and i install an enormous speaker mounted over a plywood...i had 14 years old... and Ad161 pumped extraordinary bass for those days...i was impressed as it killed the enormous "Telefunken Stereo tube amplifier, inside enormous furniture"...it win the Telefunken extraordinary expensive stereo furniture, with 6 expensive speakers...and enormous blue electronic tubes!

Maybe a mistake, maybe an accident and that amplifier was specially good....maybe class A operation, as he did not survive too long...not more than 4 hours operating....biasing maybe!

Well, those days i had a little less experience than today...i am thinking to construct to listen again that sound....oh!...the girl friend turns not so pretty anymore...but maybe the sound still good.

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.