What is hi fidelity?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I also agree hugh,Fitzpatrick gave me moments of real fun!

You for Sacramento, not our business is funny too, your profile.... i like you too. thanks.

Fitzpatrick made me nervous first time i went forum... the chicken snooze, i was without experience, and do not have enough atention that his "say" was written before, not to me... and i feel bad.... to me very happy to see this Brazilian temperament guy having soo good sense of humor. Here, down in Brazil, no one will believe you are a foreigner!... this is one of our best characteristics, we learned to have fun with ourselves, our failures, our defects and things alike.

You do not imagine the charges in television related our good man, our President, he is not to much full of culture...a simple good man, with good feelings and goodwill...but he say some foolishes and we always make some small animated images with him to laugth...he also likes and laugh to.... and, despite of beeing sometimes stupid, or too much innocent, i am sure he will be voted again... 60 millions votes.... what a beloved creature.

He could do nothing he say... we know he has no money.... US payments, the money we borrow, is creating us big problems.... i am asking god to send Japanese people to be kind to corrupted ones, and to start a movement to sail some land to them... and passes over those that always talk about our "entire and undivided country as a law!".... if we sale some small Amazon parte...not when river born, i think is not in Brazil, is ice from Andes Mountains in Chile or another part. I, personally, think that paying our obligations we will be very rich, too much land... fertil land... if you take an orange an trow it out of window....do nothing... an orange tree will appear!

We can produce food for half world.. productivity is wonderfull, agricultural technology is advanced, also genetics related to plants are advanced and sun rises whole year.

Carlos

Hey Hugh, can you please inform me

How much will cost one AKSA 55?

Consider please, i am a poor devil living in front of beach, a rich one in this country with an income of thousand dollars (my wife), because i am unenployed from State Government.

Licence i take because payment not enough to put gasoline in automobile to go to the hill where the television transmitters are.

Law said they have to pay the minimum to me, A skilled Operational Superviser or operations, the second man in television hierarchy... first the director or owner or Enginneer Chief...minimum income, by law is 900 us dollares.

I made some competition, a public concurse.... a public open tests, the first i was, 13000 people i win.

And the payment so awfull!... others is robbering conditioned air to complement their payments, others is using government automobiles to have some economy related to move from here to there, others are combined with director to have some money to travel without really travell.... others receiving extra hours of working do not going there, others removing hy power valves and sale another stations...people trying to be alive making dirty things.... i prefer to get out...my wife can support me for a while... i done it on last 10 years for her.

This way, Mr hugh Dean, i will be very happy to have your Aksa 55, not only because i like you (this is reduce price?), but also because your ideas, related sound, are the ones... my idea is you are the man!... and AKSA will be, probable, the sound.

But, i have to tell you, i am the worst guy to have your circuit...if your circuit do not sounds good (i do not believe, but not impossible), i will open my terrible mouth on forum... and whole dollar i paid will return in a damn revenge.

Like you, do not misunderstood, just beeing completely true!

Carlos

Thank you steve eddy

I was happy to know, i respect you, and your agreement related to the idea makes me happy.

Really, thank you.

I will tell you a secret....no one will hear us.... i am completely crazy when Eva appear..... lovely hands... i tried to be free of competitions, one strong German competitor... but could not avoid he is still interested too!... do not talk nobody...our secret.

I have a printed picture of Eva hands, Eva finger, and Eva nails...hummmm! wonderfull...my heart is 184 beats!

Psssss! nobody can now that... top secret!

Carlos

And the payment so awfull!... others is robbering conditioned air to complement their payments, others is using government automobiles to have some economy related to move from here to there, others are combined with director to have some money to travel without really travell.... others receiving extra hours of working do not going there, others removing hy power valves and sale another stations...people trying to be alive making dirty things.... i prefer to get out...

hi carlos,

i know how this feels, i see this even in our country, but life goes on....after all, life is a struggle!!!

and like arnold schwarzeneger said, hasta la vista, bebe!!!

cheers,
tony

brasileirao

Voce, Destroyer X, e uma lufada de ar fresco neste forum...
You are a breath of fresh air in this forum, I've never had so
much fun since I'm a member...
And even tough I have a little difficulty in following your posts
"da pra entender" on the long run....
Since the little thing on the seat of the motorcicle up to the
behavior of your Lulla da Silva (good man!) it's really fun to read these things.
By the way I'm a portuguese from Portugal living in America
for almost 40 years with some cultural connections with
Brasil.
Sarava Destroyer X

Ó raios homem, que coisa boa, Yeah man, what a pleasure!

Very happy to see my people over here. Sometimes i feel alone trying to broke some ice here.

People is some different from Brazilian....or , we are some different related them.

They seem all them doctors, always talking seriously.

Sometimes i feel tired off, sometimes i learn a lot.

The biggest challenge i am facing is trying to melt some ice man frozzen.... hahaha, hard to do that!, when you try to get close they disappear as soap in wet hands!

But a very good engineer i want to bring he to us.

Hapyness to you over there... americans are interesting, i love them....but bush is going to destroy this image.... and oil too!

Regards,

Carlos

Escuse me, the same in my language to this portuguese speaking man:

Que legal vêr gente igual a gente no pedaço..meu povo, minha gente.... meu sobrenome é Mergulhão, lá de lisboa, fazem pratas lá...garfos e facas por lá.

O povo do fórum é diferente demais dos brasileiros, ou por outro lado, acho que nós é que somos estranhos demais para êles.

Tôdos me parecem muito doutorais e distantes....tôdos falam tudo à sério... parece que a vida é um entêrro!

De vez em quando fico cansado, por vezes eu apreendo muito..mas dá vontade por vezes de dar uma cachapada na pinha pra iêles sairem à cata da rôlha!

O maior desafio que enfrento é trazer pra perto do coração um Nórdico muito inteligente, um grande engenheiro, mas o sujeito escapa das mãos igual à sabão...é escorregadio e gelado como um freezer... quanto mais eu me chego, mais o cara corre de mim... acha que sou fresco, boiola, baitola, viado ou coisa assim...e não é nada disso não!

Felicidades é que eu desejo pra você meu chapa...meu compatriota, conterrâneo e ancestral...vocês aqui são irmãos pombas... a lesma lerda ou a mesma m....

Os americanos são muito interesantes...pena que o Bush tá fazendo tanta cagada ..... tá queimando o filme do pessoal da américa conosco...tamos negociando com a China e vamos mandar os EUA pro quinto dos infernos...dar um gêlo nêles... êsse negócio de olho grande no petróleo é de lascar ó raios!

Meu inglês é uma merda mesmo....pode dizer!

Abraços

Carlos Mergulhão

às suas ordens

Carlos,

Sorry for delay; sleep gets in the way......:dead:

Cost of the AKSA is on the website, under Buying|Pricelist.

I agree with all the comments here about 'warming up' the debate. It would be nice to see some passion. (That is, NOT flames!)

Perhaps you are the man to do it. :D

How about a discussion on the fads and fashions of hifi? :angel:

Here's a list:

Current mirrors (engineering 'imbalance')
Cascodes (Why?)
Complementary Feedback Pairs (Who needs 'em, unstable!)
Output Stage triples (Are there real advantages?)

This should start a few debates........:clown:

Cheers,

Hugh

Hello irmao

Even though this is not the forum for that I can't resist to say
Amen brother, he's the public enemy #1 And I wander if there
is anything we can do to get rid of him in the next elections.
I guess so, is NOT TO VOTE FOR HIM.

E verdade, parece que todos estao a fim de ir a um velorio, enfim
sao feitios!......

Look, I'm a TUBE MAN and I enjoy building tube amplifiers and
remodeling others with better circuitry but a few months ago
I came across this american magazine NUTS and VOLTS that
had a solid state amplifier called "The CF-Mosfet audio amp".
I became interested because of the design, cost and easy
availability of the parts.
After I built two monoblocks I installed them in my system
I was absolutely astonished by the performance, and imediately compared it with my best tube amplifier. THERE WAS ALMOST
NO DIFFERENCE!... The magazines are the February and March
of NUTS and VOLTS but the designer, Randy Slone has a WEB
site and sells the kits directly. I did not, I wanted to do things
the hard way so I augmented the board design to an useful
size to be etched. What an amplifier that one is!....
The site is http://www.sealelectronics.com

I thought I would share with you this info.

Continue a manter essa boa disposicao e a trocar ideias!

JMateus, João Mateus, good to read you again

Many good people using FETs, i do not know them well, some MOS technologies where in my hands to use in Broadcasting open rell video tape recorders....but it burns if you pass your fingers on it. Have to connect yourself to ground and discharge all your bodie first (macumba, wodoo, saravá, not those things!) Static electricity.

This way i turn myself afraid of those things, and put all them in same package.... things with ghosts inside.... bad energy things (kidding). All FETS, MOSFETS, JFETS, GFETS, DOUBLE GATE FETS were avoided because unknow subjects that can byte my fingers (kidding again). But i am not confortable with them.

But i now very well they are good, because Pass and others good enginners are using them.

Yes...by the way.... they already died and people forgot to buried them..... cold people.

I will be here... specially when you appear.

Carlos

With your licence in my language for my Portuguese brother.

Raios homem, estás a construir com efeito de campo?... e dizes que é muito bom!... isso me impressiona muito!.... que tal são os FETS, queres me ensinar algo sobre êles... por vezes acham que vão a me morder como se cachorros fossem.

És João Mateus não és.... me informe seu nome correto

Êles já morreram e parece que esqueceram de enterrá-los.

Agora me vou. abraços

Carlos

Carlos, i messed around with dozends of Mosfets, IRFP150N;IRFP240;IRFP044;IRF510;IRF9610 etcetc. and i killed none of them with electrostatics. Only by connecting revers, too much heat and this... I learned about them and followed the instructions of the articles Nelson wrote at passdiy.com

One reason why this does not happen here may be it alway rains and air is not often dry - and i don´t have any plastic carpets, curtains or clothes around. (That kind of stuff has too much "bad energy" for having it around me)

Hi Till!
...coming from the esoteric fraction??
"bad energy"?
...I do not generally reject platics, or similar.
I am more scientific minded.

...on the other hand...
...sometimes I notice a certain perception...
There seem to be a lot of things, which are not described in our schoolbooks....

Bye
Markus

cave: off topic:

hey, this was intended as a joke, see posting above!

I don´t like anything in plastic around me i can have made of more "natural" materials and i feel better this way. Most (consumer) products use cheap plastic, and if you look into new cars you will remark that cheap plastic stinks, you can´t eat something after driving an hour or so in one!

Of corse i also use plastic, and there are application were it does make sense and there are products made from plastic in high quality. (compare the plastic enclosure of "Hilti" and "Skil" electric tools - guess what i use). But these better plastic products are few and polyester on my skin is a pain and no advantage. Also plastic furniture etc. could be avoided and wood, metal glass, are usually the higher quality solution.

Else i have to say i´m not esoteric in any way, i do not belive in green space aliens, auras, any kind of religion or political system. I belive in proofen working things like sex and death - as Mr. Allen does.

AKSA said:

How about a discussion on the fads and fashions of hifi? :angel:

Here's a list:

Current mirrors (engineering 'imbalance')
Cascodes (Why?)
Complementary Feedback Pairs (Who needs 'em, unstable!)
Output Stage triples (Are there real advantages?)

This should start a few debates........:clown:

Cheers,

Hugh

Well I'd of thought you for one would appreciate D.Selfs use
use of a cascode to remove the dependance of PSRR of the
negative rail to open loop gain, though D.Self himself trashes
other dubious reasons for using cascodes in amplifiers.

Though I agree completely CFP's are a poor idea, triples I
don't know much about but can't see any real advantage.

:) sreten

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.