Luxman Lv-105 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd March 2004, 11:24 PM   #1
Valerio is offline Valerio  Italy
diyAudio Member

Default Luxman Lv-105

hi global people, I need your help, could you send me a copy of instruction manual for ampli Luxman LV-105? My adress is v.frigati@virgilio.it
Thanks in advance for your interest
Old 30th March 2004, 11:33 PM   #2
AJT is offline AJT  Philippines
diyAudio Moderator

Default luxman lv-103

i also need schematic for the above amp, i had an lv105 which i fixed by taking good mosfets from this amp, the amps used the same trannies in the output stage-2sk405/2sj115...now all four mosfet output trannies are bad....for the lv103, i intend to replace the mosfet outputs with darlington bipolars byt modding the output drivers and bias circuits, but i need the schematics in order to proceed...

calling on netlist, please help!!!!

thanks a lot in advance....
Old 8th December 2004, 07:49 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Mnual for L103 needed as well

Hi all,
I just bought a 103 and do not have a manual - if anyone could help that would be great.
Also, can you change the valves in these for a better or differnt sound?
Cheers
Carl
Old 9th December 2004, 12:55 AM   #4
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hey these sound pretty good actually!

You can modify the bias circuit to use IRFP fets (140 / 9140). They have low impedance gate drive, so you don't run into the IRFP140 gate charge issues as much. I would rather do that than modify for bipolar output, although it is not that hard to change. It's just that it would be a completely different animal then.
When replaceing the fets, check the gate resistors. If they open, you will blow the new parts for sure.

-Chris
Old 16th December 2004, 06:02 PM   #5
nuppe is offline nuppe  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Default Luxman manuals in Sweden

Hi, just wanted to tell you all, i bought two manuals for my Luxman L-114A (service & owners manual) from a guy called Sven Eiman in Sweden. He has a website were he sells manuals and spare parts for Luxman. I payed 110 sek (about 10 ) for both, and they were original in pristine condition. I think he delivers abroad too.

/Andreas
Old 21st May 2005, 04:25 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Smile Luxman LV-103 / LV-105

Hi Everyone

I Have been on many web sites and forums looking for a FREE FRENCH copy of Luxman LV-103 or LV-105 owner's manual (PDF, Gif or Jpeg format) and I could not find any. If somebody can supply me one, it would be greatly appreciated. You can send me an e-mail at the following address: max_romeo_007@hotmail.com.
Have fun and be Happy
Max
Old 21st May 2005, 06:00 AM   #7
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: luxman lv-103

Quote:
Originally posted by joan2

calling on netlist, please help!!!!

Sorry guys, nothing from Luxman here.

/Hugo
Old 21st May 2005, 03:16 PM   #8
ilimzn is offline ilimzn  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by anatech
Hey these sound pretty good actually!

You can modify the bias circuit to use IRFP fets (140 / 9140). They have low impedance gate drive, so you don't run into the IRFP140 gate charge issues as much. I would rather do that than modify for bipolar output, although it is not that hard to change. It's just that it would be a completely different animal then.
When replaceing the fets, check the gate resistors. If they open, you will blow the new parts for sure.

-Chris
The mod you describe would only work for the 103 for sure (rail voltages!). You may find that IRFP240 and IRFP9140 are FAR better pairs than 140/9140 or 240/9240, assuming the rail voltage is below +-45V at all times. In fact, out of all IRFP parts, 240/9140 are the closest you get to true complementaries, rivaling even the actual lateral complementaries. On average, the P/N ch differences of this pair will be about the same as toleraces between any two parts of the same polarity. In contrast, IRFP140/9140 and 240/9240 differ between 30 and 50% in gain (gm). IRFP240/9140 differ below 5% and typically 3%, plus the capacitances are much better balanced between P and N.

I have also successfully repaired LV103 and LV105 with 2SJ162 and 2SK1058 LMOS, with no mods to the driver. The gate capacitances are still within limits for the driver.
Old 21st May 2005, 11:55 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

2SJ162 and 2SK1058 are much better and much closer replacement than any IRFP.
Old 22nd May 2005, 03:18 PM   #10
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi ilimzn,
Correct on the 240 / 9240 's for the LV-105. I have easy access to the IRF parts in Canada, my good supplier for Japanese parts closed up shop due to economic reasons. These are from my Adcom stock .

I think my main point was to illustrate the driver circuit in the Luxman units was capable of driving the gates of the IRF parts ( the worst to drive as far as I'm concerned).

-Chris

Hide this!Advertise here!