First time DIY'er - Mono Amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is the one, no?

The diyAB "Honey Badger" Class AB Power Amp - 150W/Channel (2 Channels) Rev 2.4 - Circuit Boards

Where do I find the rest?

Guys I've never been active here so I'm getting a little lost. Be patient with me & thank you for the help.

Antek USA for a 45-0-45 500va trafo - AN-6445 - 600VA 45V Transformer - AnTek Products Corp .
Thats a 600va - they have the 400/500's at 50V.

If you get the "hardened" Semelab outputs , the 600va won't hurt.

Caps , case, rectifier - google is your friend. The cap's have to fit in the case , the
case needs a large heatsink. at least 12 X 5 X 2" (fins).
Caps and rectifiers - mouser is the best.

layout and drill your case - add a protection board
Heavy industrial monoblock you will have !

PS - how new are you ? Have you soldered before ?
500va + 40kuf can knock a bear on it's butt !! deadly power ...:D
OS

Antek USA for a 45-0-45 500va trafo - AN-6445 - 600VA 45V Transformer - AnTek Products Corp .
Thats a 600va - they have the 400/500's at 50V.

If you get the "hardened" Semelab outputs , the 600va won't hurt.

Caps , case, rectifier - google is your friend. The cap's have to fit in the case , the
case needs a large heatsink. at least 12 X 5 X 2" (fins).
Caps and rectifiers - mouser is the best.

layout and drill your case - add a protection board
Heavy industrial monoblock you will have !

PS - how new are you ? Have you soldered before ?
500va + 40kuf can knock a bear on it's butt !! deadly power ...:D
OS

VERY new. I have soldered before (see original post) but have never built an amp before!

Okay, to clarify, I'm starting with these boards:

The diyAB "Honey Badger" Class AB Power Amp - 150W/Channel (2 Channels) Rev 2.4 - Circuit Boards

Then ordering a transformer (had to google what "trafo" meant), this one:

AN-6445 - 600VA 45V Transformer - AnTek Products Corp

I googled: "hardened" Semelab outputs and got NADA. Where can I find these?

Also, where do I find values for caps and rectifiers? Is there an outline on how to do this with these exact parts anywhere? Don't want to waste your time but I have no background and you're all I got :)

Is this project a little ambitious for a complete noob like myself? I feel like I'm lost in the dark right now.

Maybe I should spend the money on amps that are built (Wyred 4 Sound mAMP) and then try to build a small one first? I'm utterly and completely lost and barely comprehending your posts so far.

Is this project a little ambitious for a complete noob like myself? I feel like I'm lost in the dark right now.

Maybe I should spend the money on amps that are built (Wyred 4 Sound mAMP) and then try to build a small one first? I'm utterly and completely lost and barely comprehending your posts so far.

No disrespect intended , but it might be dangerous for you to build such a
powerful amp.

Even with a fully pre-built module like a hypex class D , you would need to know
the basics of a simple unregulated DC power supply.

I am about to delve into pre-amps and DAC's ... I know little now , but this will
quickly change

Sometimes , given one piece of the "puzzle" - it is up to you to find all the other pieces. :)
(we are much better off now - the internet ... I learned in the 80's)

OS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.