Faulty Sansui AU101 speaker switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That tall blue one (C3) is an earlier replacement. It was originally the same as the half hidden one next to it (C2). They were both 500uF 64V, same as the blue one next to silver (C4). I just checked in a non-working unit I have here.

Might have to spend dome time looking for suitable parts if I'm ever going to fix this up. I also have a Leak Stereo 70 to do, the 30 is just a cut down version of the 70.

Thank you EssB thats taken the guessing out of it:up:
Dean
Great, glad to be of some help.

I started on my Stereo 30. I got as far as cleaning it all up - it was so filthy I stuck it in the sink and scrubbed all the grot out of it. Then I decided to build a simple cap tester. Initial tests on the Leak (now that it's dried out) indicates only one of the larger caps has high ESR.
I'm still minded to heave them all out and check them properly for value, leakage, etc. Nah, I think I'll just fix the broken parts on the amp cards and fire it up :mad:

Hi EssB how you're getting on with the Stereo 30 refurb.You must be very competent in electronics to be able to build your own cap tester,I'd struggle to know how to use it nevermind build it lol

I'm still searching for the right ones (struggling to convince myself I've found the correct values) I may just post a few on here for you guys to check out if that's ok.

In the meantime here's some info/pics on the capacitors .
jptnx0.jpg

2hrmko6.jpg

ev96x3.jpg

ei34th.jpg

344dv0o.jpg

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Well the plug in boards can all use radials directly which makes things easy :) Taking pictures is good because it identifies the polarity if the PCB is unmarked.

The other caps, well 500uf 64 volt these days would be a small component.

These (CPC's) pictures are representive only. Go off the descriptions, and double check them... don't just take my word for it :D

This to replace the 500/64volt
ECOS2AA561BA - PANASONIC - CAPACITOR, 560UF, 100V | CPC

This for the 1000/30volt. Are they speaker coupling caps ?
ECOS2AA102CA - PANASONIC - CAPACITOR, 1000UF, 100V | CPC

This for the 2500/50volt. It would need a bit of tape/draught excluder to use the existing clamp.
ECOS2DP222EA - PANASONIC - CAPACITOR, 2200UF, 200V | CPC

or use 4700uf,
LPR100V478M30X50 - MULTICOMP - CAPACITOR, 4700UF 100V | CPC From This Range

ECOS2AP472DA - PANASONIC - CAPACITOR, 4700UF, 100V | CPC From This Range

Thank you so much Mooly:up: those links have helped me a great deal:cheers:.I haven't got the confidence yet to convince myself:eek:, but I guess the more I do the more confident I'll become and maybe share some of that confidence with other people.

I'm wondering now if I should have started a different thread, given I've changed direction with amplifiers:confused:.I'm still going to do the recap on my friends Sansui AU101 before long, but I'd rather do mine first to gain a bit of Knowledge/confidence.

I'll be back when the caps arrive:cheerful:

Thanks for sticking with me :up:

all the best

Dean

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.