200W MOSFET CFA amp

What are the power supply requirements of a single channel of this amp? va, voltage, caps etc.?

I am relaying out the board for single sided, so I can make it in house, I can not find a inexpensive board maker...as in cheap...

If there are any changes, updates, improvements etc. to the schmo please let me know today.

I only have 4 pairs of FET outputs so that is limiting my thoughts...

I should have ALL other parts in by today.

Breadboarding is an option, but I am not to keen on it.

What are the power supply requirements of a single channel of this amp? va, voltage, caps etc.?

I am relaying out the board for single sided, so I can make it in house, I can not find a inexpensive board maker...as in cheap...

If there are any changes, updates, improvements etc. to the schmo please let me know today.

I only have 4 pairs of FET outputs so that is limiting my thoughts...

I should have ALL other parts in by today.

Breadboarding is an option, but I am not to keen on it.

You will need a transformer of 600 VA or more and secondary winding with 2x48 V(up to 2x50 V).
I would suggest the schematic and layout.

Attachments

• PowerSupply-sch.gif
    PowerSupply-sch.gif
    24.9 KB · Views: 480
  • Main PSU-c-lay.png
    Main PSU-c-lay.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 474
Dadod,

Are C6, C7 and snubbers strictly necessary?
Wouldn't the gain of the films be lost by the time you take into account the leads to the amp PCBs?

Paul

They are not snubbers, and not strictly necessary. C1, R1 is a snubber.

corrected:
Sorry, I mean those snubbers are not strictly necessary, this is something that could be argued infinitely.
Cordell uses film capacitors parallel to the big elcos in his book, figure 16.8.

Last edited:
No,
the resistor in series with C1, C8 and C9 are the snubbers.
They are there to damp oscillation.
R4 and R5 are only needed because the local decoupling has been moved from the amplifier to the PSU. C6, 7, 10 & 11 are likely to increase the risk of oscillation/ringing.

Andrew it looks as you did not catch meaning of C10 and C11. They are cross connected between +- polarities to improve +- tracking. The C10 and C11 are in series (it is not easy to find 500u cap with 200 V rating) and parallel resistors are here to devide the voltage. The midle point is not connected to the ground.