PeeCeeBee

Alguém poderia me ajudar? Montei esse módulo para substituir um C.I. STK mas estou tendo problemas. Fiz as seguintes modificações; estou usando como MOSFETs de saída o par IRFP240/9240 (não encontro os originais) estou usando o par de transistor BC547/557 no lugar do BC550/560 e os capacitores estou usando de 470uf ao invés de 1000uf, estou alimentando o circuito com 32+32Vno caso fiz uma placa só com dois canais (vide fotos) mas ao ligar o circuito a lâmpada série fica acesa direta indicando curto mas já revisei tudo. O que posso estar fazendo errado?

Could anyone help me? Rode this module to replace a CI STK but am having problems. I made the following modifications; 'm using MOSFETs as the output IRFP240/9240 pair (can not find the original) I'm using a pair of transistors in place of BC547/557 BC550/560 and capacitors am using 470uf instead of 1000uf,'m feeding the circuit with 32 +32 Vno case made ​​a plate with only two channels (see photos) but when you turn the lamp series circuit is lit indicating direct short but since I reviewed everything. What can I be doing wrong?

309mser.jpg

29w4xec.jpg

v6hn5x.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ya4qm30j5kzcvl/vssa.lay6

At first sight I see two mistakes:
1. BD139 must be reverted. I wrote about it at post #11.
2. You must use lateral MOSFETs. Their pins are G S D. Instead you used vertical MOSFETs with pins G D S. Verticals also must have temperature compensation and blah blah... If you can't find laterals, try Borys' version of VSSA with IRFP240/9240.

Good night people. Correct the mistake of pinning of IRFP240/9240 and now the lamp did not light series so I called the direct source and noticed that the BDs heat a little. Tomorrow I will test with load. In my BDS are mounting with the correct pinouts despite the error in the layout, I noticed it before assembling and reversed them. For me here in Brazil is difficult to buy original 2SK/2SJ, freight is expensive because of import taxes and the product tends to be retained for up to 3 months in customs. Working with electronics here in Brazil is complicated government explores other.

Any interest in professionally made TO-3 boards?

Firstly, shaan, I will understand if you want to have moderation supress this post. I mean no intrusion but I just did not feel a new thread was justified at this time.

I'm thinking of possibly ordering a small run of my TO-3 PeeCeeBee boards manufactured at a board house. The original 'reference' art is located in post #405 of this thread, located >HERE<. I have since done some minor housekeeping of the artwork but there are no truly significant differences.

This was spurred by a request for a set of gerber / excellon files from another board member. I'm just curious if there is enough interest to justify a small order. I still have some of my own TO-3 lateral MOSFETS and would like to make a few more of the PeeCeeBee with them. Since these will be professionally made they would have plated through holes, silk screen printing and no jumpers (I do realize the feature of top side copper isn't with shaan's original desire, but the art is fully functional as a single sided board using the bottom copper layer only).

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY!

I do not want to soil this thread with requests for boards. This is not the place for me to conduct a group buy, I'm only interested in finding out if there is still interest in the TO-3 layout. Please send me a Private Message (PM) if you have any interest in participating in a group buy. If there is enough interest I will create a new thread in the appropriate area and arrange to order a modest quantity of boards. I will also need to know which input transistor pinout would be most in demand; there are two slightly different layouts to accommodate either ECB or CBE devices.

Attachments

• CBE Photoview.JPG
    CBE Photoview.JPG
    585.9 KB · Views: 917
  • ECB Photoview.JPG
    ECB Photoview.JPG
    592.4 KB · Views: 871
  • DIY Toner Transfer Files.zip
    129.8 KB · Views: 292
Alguém poderia me ajudar? Montei esse módulo para substituir um C.I. STK mas estou tendo problemas. Fiz as seguintes modificações; estou usando como MOSFETs de saída o par IRFP240/9240 (não encontro os originais) estou usando o par de transistor BC547/557 no lugar do BC550/560 e os capacitores estou usando de 470uf ao invés de 1000uf, estou alimentando o circuito com 32+32Vno caso fiz uma placa só com dois canais (vide fotos) mas ao ligar o circuito a lâmpada série fica acesa direta indicando curto mas já revisei tudo. O que posso estar fazendo errado?

Could anyone help me? Rode this module to replace a CI STK but am having problems. I made the following modifications; 'm using MOSFETs as the output IRFP240/9240 pair (can not find the original) I'm using a pair of transistors in place of BC547/557 BC550/560 and capacitors am using 470uf instead of 1000uf,'m feeding the circuit with 32 +32 Vno case made ​​a plate with only two channels (see photos) but when you turn the lamp series circuit is lit indicating direct short but since I reviewed everything. What can I be doing wrong?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ya4qm30j5kzcvl/vssa.lay6

Can you post this pcb in pdf or jpeg format?(for toner transfer method)

hello, anybody builds shaan double mosfet version? this should have better sound than single pair? my vero peeceebee sound best, but low bass a little soft. i want more bass if double mosfet can do :D

Without knowing your particular setup and components values hope it's okay mentioning following, if input capasitor have too low value the high pass filter can make you think amp has lack of bass, same happen if the feedback capasitors value less than 2200uF, 470uF or 1000uF.

Last edited:
hi, input cap only 2uf. speakers big diy OB. what i want know not how optimize my system but how peeceebee original vs double fet is. for that system description not necessary.
if double fet all advantage, i build double fet. extra fets and space no problem, still very tiny, very beautiful amp :D

lack of low bass i say because it very smooth, round, unlike gainclone i use past. vssa still the best amplification i ever hear anywhere :D