PeeCeeBee

Thanks Terry. Very encouraging results for such a simple amp as PeeCeeBee. This means we can indeed get great performance from cheap/available stuff used the right way.

Hi Shaan,

Yes. I can't say how well the non-CCS boards work with dirty PSU as I am using the nice cap multiplier but in my amps, they all sound the same when the loudness is equal. I don't know how to test for THD. I just look at sinewaves and square waves on my scope. They are very clean and true through 20K. Even at 100khz there is no sign of oscillation but the square waves get rounded. That is a result of the 10uf input cap. By-passing that results in square waves, even at 100khz. I don't know about you, but I can't even hear 20khz anymore. ;)

I recommend the peeceebee all the time and I still use the TO-3 model as a comparison for other amps. If the new amp sounds as good I consider it a successful build.

Blessings, Terry

Hi Shaan,

Yes. I can't say how well the non-CCS boards work with dirty PSU as I am using the nice cap multiplier but in my amps, they all sound the same when the loudness is equal. I don't know how to test for THD. I just look at sinewaves and square waves on my scope. They are very clean and true through 20K. Even at 100khz there is no sign of oscillation but the square waves get rounded. That is a result of the 10uf input cap. By-passing that results in square waves, even at 100khz. I don't know about you, but I can't even hear 20khz anymore. ;)

I recommend the peeceebee all the time and I still use the TO-3 model as a comparison for other amps. If the new amp sounds as good I consider it a successful build.

Blessings, Terry
Hi Terry ,where i can find this "capacitance multiplier"?
Thimios.

I can't find one. There are a couple pictures showing the foil pattern, but not in black and white. PMI could probably post one but he has disappeared. I miss him a lot. :( Jason had offered to take up the flag at one point. If he is still watching this thread perhaps he would be willing to make a foil pattern and post it.

Blessings, Terry

This seems like a previous version.:confused:

Inpiration: member "metallicus69" over at LC's VSSA thread made point to point on PCB for his bridged VSSA, and works great. Other solution is make diode bridge and big storage caps on own wiring or PCB, then make small active circuit put between storage caps and amp. Schematic is in pdf format in thread :).
Or send me a PM and i can make a scan of original PMI PCB's that i have not populated yet.

Last edited:
Inpiration: member "metallicus69" over at LC's VSSA thread made point to point on PCB for his bridged VSSA, and works great. Other solution is make diode bridge and big storage caps on own wiring or PCB, then make small active circuit put between storage caps and amp. Schematic is in pdf format in thread :).
Or send me a PM and i can make a scan of original PMI PCB's that i have not populated yet.

Hehe, it still works great, day by day. I can't remember exactly, but one resistor needed to be changed on the XVSSA Cap multiplier.

Ok. you have PM.:spin: