Vintage Toshiba 330 power amp problem, possible repair?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
no one can help where are you all?

Posted together :)

Language is going to be a problem here :)

We know the input transistors are a known issue so I think you should replace those first.

Also check for any poor joints around the VAS stage.

The VAS transistor will run hot and so might be worth replacing.

These transistors. Change the input ones and check the other one for dries. If no dries and it still has the fault then replace this transistor.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-18 122822.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-12-18 122822.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 143
I don’t understand why do you advise me to change some data on the left channel? if it plays well and there are no problems ... and why do you have a diagram with no such power transistors?

I have children lumbago happen when you turn it on ... still nothing is running into trouble ... and vice versa they subside with a long-term robot ... I checked all the capacitors there are no problems with them ...

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Language differences are making this very difficult :)

I listened to your recording and heard the popping noises it makes.

You have to change the parts on the channel that is faulty, that is up to you to determine.

It is possible the actual device numbers differ between different markets and regions.

The two transistors at the input are a known fault. These are the two 2SA841's. Change them on the channel that is faulty.

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a good Christmas.
I'm currently in the process of bringing my 330 separates back to life and need some help with the VU meter bulbs in the amplifier unit.
I would like to replace them with ice blue/blue LEDs (the colour of the vintage Marantz units).
I believe in order to do so I'll need a resistor in place?
First time doing this myself and really wouldn't want to damage the amp.
The current bulbs are Eiko #73 T1 3/4 50ma/14v.
Has anybody here don't this to their unit, and if so could you help a fellow our please?
Thank you

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Only you knows what will fit and what you can make fit.

You might find you need to get creative with diffusing the light as well... anything different illumination wise is an unknown... and the LED's might be quite intense and not give an even illumination (or they might... it is an unknown).

A bit of translucent plastic such as from a milk carton mike work wonder if that were needed.

The ebay ones say suitable for 8V AC and so if that is what you measure then they will work directly as far as voltage goes. You can still dim them with a resistor.