Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

This one is one of the new models..the last DIY model produced

We still have pcboards...not only Zimmer has but also Juan Vargas ordered new batch of boards.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• x23.jpg
    x23.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 512
Hello Juan!

Hello sir

That is really nice, I bet it sounds really good, offset is very good too, really low, what layout is that ?, also did I see larger Sanken transistors there ? I don't remember :)

Regards
Juan
The output transistors are Sanken (2SC2922 & 2SA1216).
The design of the printed circuit is by Willy B. Cerna.

Regards!

Attachments

• SANKEN Rev2.1 Gray.jpg
    SANKEN Rev2.1 Gray.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 462
Here you have my supply, the Dx Supply installed to operate in my workbench

Dx Supply installed into my workbench vertical panel...out of the way not to bother my work into the horizontal flat table top... it has voltage adjustment from plus and minus 12 volts to plus 48 and minus 48 volts (5A+5A)...it is adjustable as you already understood, stabilized within 1 percent with electronic filtering (capacitance multiplier effect) to supression of ripple.

Not finished to run cables..i am thinking to run cables from behind the vertical panel...not decided yet.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DSCI0004.JPG
    DSCI0004.JPG
    519.4 KB · Views: 517
  • DSCI0005.JPG
    DSCI0005.JPG
    270 KB · Views: 464
Is it possible to use TIP35/36 Instead of MJL3281/1302 for DX Super A?

I check and actually yes, I'm not sure about performance using those power transistors :) but they are really cheap a dollar and some change on Digi Key Digi-Key Part Number 497-2609-5-ND

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• CD00001165.pdf
    190.1 KB · Views: 73
  • fghfgg.JPG
    fghfgg.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 422
Yes...we are using these transistors in Brazil

I do not think you can go to 2 ohms and very high power due to dissipation limit....they can go maximum to 80 watts each one of them because of temperature. (derated)...so... 4 units represents 320 watts.... 60 percent of that is audio..so...you can go to 4 ohms..but not to 2 ohms.

We use them.... hundreds are using them here in Brazil..they are good, they are cheap, they are fine....the trouble is the capacity to make heat transference..this is the weak point of these ones.

4215 also used...sorry by the pictures.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• assa.jpg
    assa.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 413
  • esse.JPG
    esse.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 369
  • ussu.jpg
    ussu.jpg
    734.6 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
thanks for your replies juan and carlos.
what is the precise function of Super A board?

I'm not an expert of have not enough experience as Carlos he been doing that for many years but Dx Super A has a special sound completely different from Dx Blame MKII Supercharger and Dx Blame MKIII that I actually own, I can not explain all details about the schematic Carlos did because he knows it better maybe Carlos can explain that better I myself feel really happy that this design is unique as all the Dx generations boards, by the way, thank you Alex MM he is the master of layout I did learn a lot from him also mister Willy Cerna good dude :)

Regards
Juan

About the Dx feature.... what is this kind of Super A, the Dx Super A

was posted in details..it is not the JVC Super A...it is Dx Super A...something different.

Please, read the thread since the beginning and you gonna understand what was the purpose...you will see first ideas abandoned and a new one applied.

All that stuff was posted in order to provide you, folks, all information needed and saving us time and energy to be repeating the same old song again and again.... please, get back to page one and read the entire thread.

I am not asking too much....thread is microscopic compared to the entire forum and i have read the entire forum, all posts, all pages, all threads, since 2004 and i did it three times.

regards,

Carlos