Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A - Page 15 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th November 2012, 07:41 PM   #141
diyAudio Member

Default Great dear Meanman... i am glad you will do it.

Winslow..... yeah...we are all crazy...but happy ones!

Juan is making a layout for it Meanman.... tell me i you need something, some information and i gonna send you.

Are you following my videos?... you are welcome at my channel...please, subscribe there if you are not already subscribed.

Type "Carlos Mergulhão" in the Youtube's address bar.

Image is the layout..not ready yet..... he is doing....video talks about the layout..some instructions to Juan in two languages:

Instructions about pcboards method and rules - YouTube

Carlos
Old 6th November 2012, 09:13 PM   #142
diyAudio Member

Default We gonna use a shield against magnetic field interference

because output coil is too much close from some sensitive circuits (second stage)

Then second VAS will use insulator and heatsink will be grounded..this will produce a "wall" a barrier against magnetic field.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shield against magnetic fielt interference.jpg (247.2 KB, 497 views)
Old 7th November 2012, 05:16 AM   #143
diyAudio Member

Carlos,
Just waiting for boards
Old 7th November 2012, 06:20 AM   #144
diyAudio Member

Default I do not think we gonna have group buy or even people selling pcboards

by other means.

Juan Vargas just wants to practice pcboard layout design, he will order 4 units , will send two to my home (test purposes) and will keep two with him.

Zimmer, will make another pcboard layout, already doing it, and this one may offer to some local friends as he build the Dx Blame ST (green pcboards) and also the Supercharged (blue boards).

The real thing, dear Meanman, is that we have saturated the diy market in Brasil with these models.... approximately 400 units were distributed and this is more or less the total of "burned fingers" real diy we have..... majority of diyers here are speaker builders and we have some tube builders too.

I have made huge efforts to publish modifications to use these pcboards they already have, not to force them to order new pcboards from us because we are not a business, not a trading group, this is not interesting for us.

Zimmer may offer some units for his close friends...but i am not sure he will do it.

We are entering new Brazilian foruns trying to help to populate them.... and this is the good moment to be in this country foruns, because when new they are real diy foruns...when they became big they became a hidden, a disquise business adress were they use forum to advertised gods to be sold....then the truth becomes twisted on behalf of commercial interests, and DIYers become troublesome as they use to laugh about electrons free copper cables, or zip the dooh dah capacitors together all unobtanium.

There, in these foruns, people are doing by hand (wonderful)..they are etching at their homes, using hot iron to make image transference to copper boards.... the real diyers, the most romantic ones are in charge there.

But for sure we will provide layout to home etching, to photographic etching (photo chemical) and we gonna have gerbers too in order to feed group buys..but really, this is not the target... we know this amplifier is already saturated.

Another thing that happens here, dear Meanman, is that Brazilians feel themselves betrayed because the Dx Blame ST is not the best amplifier anymore..they have built thinking their units would never be exceeded or overcome... but this does not exist, as when a king dies we say...God save the king to the new one... factories use to say that they reserve to themselves the right to make modifications in order to achieve better performance.... because of that i have made modifications, easy to be made in their own pcboards..just replacing, substituting, some few parts.

I swear before God almighty, giving my health, my family and my children as a guarantee that actually, you're going to fall off the chair so you will be surprised with the sound of this amp ... but use recommended parts and do not change any values, also use suggested capacitor values to the supplies and transformer power as indicated.

Here a sample of it's sound performance.. noises from digital camera filtered using software... sound reflections and reverberations absorbed using matresses, pillows and some other resources... was the best recording i have made with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X88G02PSp7A

This was digital camera recording...try to imagine how it sounds real life...because these cameras are unable to record a good sound....if sound is good with these trash things (digital cameras)...now imagine how i am listening..how good it is live performance.

I have never had interest to earn money with my amplifiers...now a days much less because i am working for the Government and earning enough to pay all my bills..i cannot buy luxury, but i can go on without worries.... audio is alike a religion to me....money must be out of this equation...we do not pay for a home in heaven and we also do not pay for our pleasure in earth listening good sound.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Renatoscp from São Paulo.jpg (520.8 KB, 443 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 7th November 2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old 7th November 2012, 06:26 PM   #145
diyAudio Member

Default Is the Dx Super A really much better than the Dx Blame ST?

Please, watch this video;

Is Dx Super A really better than the Blame ST - YouTube

regards,

Carlos
Old 7th November 2012, 07:42 PM   #146
diyAudio Member

Default Juan is making a very pretty board layout

He is improving.

watch this;

Dx Super A Heat sink idea good part 1 - YouTube

regards,

Carlos
Old 9th November 2012, 04:48 AM   #147
diyAudio Member

Default Juan have finished the pcboard layout

I am sorry, the english audio is missed... software have "eated"...but watch the image..it shows the pcboard layout.

Dx Super A - Madre de dios, esto es perfecto. - YouTube

regards,

Carlos
Old 9th November 2012, 05:12 PM   #148
diyAudio Member

Default My home amplifier, adapted to my own needs.

It is not better than yours..it is just customized to my needs.

My own circuit, to my home use, to my needs, to my supply voltage. - YouTube

regards,

Carlos
Old 10th November 2012, 07:41 AM   #149
diyAudio Member

Default Simulator results can be a HOAX, depending the way you use them

I was using wrong way...one more thing i have just learned.

Simulator can produce a HOAX,if you use resistor as a load - YouTube

regards,

Carlos
Old 10th November 2012, 11:04 AM   #150
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Ask the wrong question and the simulator will give you the correct answer to the wrong question !!!!!!!!

The simulator operator MUST understand the circuit operation AND must understand how to use the software.

If the operator is missing one of those skills, then there is no hope of asking the right question.

The simulation software will always give the correct answer. It will never give a HOAX answer !

Last edited by AndrewT; 10th November 2012 at 11:07 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!