HAL OPB amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you Evette. You could test the amp with them, but the MJ11032/33 has just the right hfe to get the job done in relation to other parameters in the amp. I could also disclose that using the 'formula' I may have build the amp around them ;)

The opamp choice is pretty flexible, meaning one can make a programmable amplifier depending on opamp choice that day.

Thanks Evette. Here is an idea for the programmable version. You just press buttons and get to listen to different amplifiers.

Attachments

• prog.png
    prog.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 254
OPB uses a clever design. Instead of trying to beat OPamp input with discretes, this amplifier uses opamp with very low distortion.
This is in my book a good idea.
The output uses some voltage amplification to give opamp a target within opamp supply range.

I have done an amplifier like that. Built it too. It sounded just fine. My output was running in pushpull Class A.

First try, far from complete, but can give an idea :)

Thanks for joining us. The first step is all it takes for a great result to come up :D. To better handle the darling tons temperature control the quick layout has two specific bias control transistors on heat sink. Check the quick layout ;).

You could bring in the +/-15 onto board or you could extract it from the main supply. The quick layout uses the first option, this really depends on whats at hand. The heavy current tracks need to have their proper width ;)

Had some time for an upgrade
Regards,
Ronny

The layout looks good. It would be great to have some unused pads to the left of the +/- 15 Volt connector to mount zeners, resistors and caps. It looks like enough space if the parts are mounted on end. I use 3-4 pad groups to allow 2-3 component leads and a wire to make a junction.

The top mounting holes look very close to the traces. I don't see the signal pad for the RCA connector.

Here is an example; the DIP package spacing is not needed for this application.

Attachments

• FAN SPEEC CONTROLLER REV 3 NET.bmp
    52.8 KB · Views: 60
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.