BURSON SINGLE AUDIO OPAMPS ! ONE OF THE GREATEST !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Still i think most of you misunderstood what this thread is all about.
It is about conclusions made in sound differences before & after installing a Burson Opamp in your system (CD, AMP, PREAMP, DCA etc...). And i mean good ones or even bad ones. I never said that a Burson opamp is the chain between heaven & hell.
I post a project here that worked fine for me. One amplifier has the burson inside the other one doesn't. How can i put it.
Here is an example : While listening to jazz music , with the amp i installed the burson in the cymbals have more extension, you can hear the air passing through the saxophone or flute , even the fingers touching the strings.
While listening to jazz music , with the amp i installed the opa627, all the above sound like clinically removed, they are there but it is like they are behind a curtain.
It is like the effect you get while listening to valve based equipment that add harmonics to the sound.
So Burson worked great for me.
I have a cd-player that has opa604 opamps at the output stage, no need to change them because the circuit works fine and the sound is amazing.
If anyone made a similar comparison or upgrade feel free to post your experience & photos of your equipment here.

For human perception & meaningless twaddle about sonic differences i think a new thread should be opened, but somewhere else.

Erlend Sæterdal
Do you have any photos of your modifications to share ?
I haven't tested dexa.

The funny thing here is that most of those who wrote in this thread haven't tested the burson yet, but they "do have an opinion about it".

It seems like the Bursons are better than Dexa. They are less Edgy and cleaner in midrange and treble. Bass is more detailed .

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Anybody know where to buy those Bursons in Europe ? They are bmuch better than DExa opamps ? I do not wish to buy them in USA because of Customs in Denmark the price will almost double !

Their is a trade war going on between USA and Europe ! :D

This is a diy site, why not build them for yourself. The audio-gd circuit is the exact same but its not the same company as burson. In fact there was a little war going on between the two some time back about who was the first to develop the circuit. If I remember correctly audio gd had been using the circuit for some time before burson came along.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.