SYMEF amplifier

This is where am at with both PCB's.
Still waiting for some parts.

Regards

Attachments

• DSCF0933.JPG
    DSCF0933.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 521
For Bias settings check post #822. Set the bias trimmer all the way back to counter clock wise, and rotate slowly clockwise until the voltage across R14 (any of the emitter resistors of outputs) to 23mv. Increase the bias slowly in steps of 5mv at a time monitoring the temperature of the heat sinks. You would like to wait around 2min for each step this gives some time for the amp the settle down the bias currents.

If you are powering up for the first time, set the bias trimmer to Counter Clock Wise and use a series light bulb in series with mains or 10ohm 1/4W resistors in series with DC power supplies to the amp. If there are any issues this will prevent the damage of output transistors.

Hope this helps.

I finally did most of the burn in and decided to hook it up to my DCB1, Wolfson DAC and Astasia speakers. I'm really impressed by the musicality of this amp and the overal tonal balance. Female voice are really well rendered. Lots of breathing room between instrument and the soundstage has a very good width but maybe not as deep as my ML-2 or B24.

I might just go for the new version of the amp and see if there is improvement. Anyone can comment on the newest PCB design (sound signature)?

Thanks
Do