SYMEF amplifier

Nico, thank you for the support you gave at the beginning. I think going all the way will ease your suffering. Remember, there is still that dance ;).

Lets watch the data come in and see whether we can draw a conclusion on the formula ;)

It is what it is.............if it fails.......well we learn something. If it proves to be more than magic beans...............we learn something too.:)

You see Nico, the wonderful volunteers who have constructed this amplifier and posted results are not to be taken lightly. I do not think they are easy to please. Their ages, tastes in music and equipment varies. Yet so far the formula has scored 100%

Thanks again Drowranger for your expertise in laying out a PCB in one plane and the massive amounts of effort on the PCB. etc etc

and also to you...

well this thread will not easily go down:nod:.I'm still wondering why this amp. sounds better than optimos:scratch1: well according to my taste. Optimos have a very clear highs and mids but symef have a very good mids in combination with lows with having a supply of 50v., while optimos, using supply of 72 volts.may be its the tripple output of Symef.

What really inspires me to make pcb is not most of R. Sloan amplifier have pcb layout and also I want to have a new layout of optimos using 85v.Yes I have done it using 4 pairs of lateral mosfet and surely it requires a massive heatsink.

I'm a big fan of R. Sloan and thought it is very hard to surpass his amplifiers.But SYMEF proved me wrong.Harrison is a brilliant engineer.As far as I know most of the amplifiers here fall in the category of class a, b, h,d and g.yes nothing new.:nod:
but what matters most is the techniques they have used to differentiate it from its class.:cheers:

regards,
joel

...... two nice printed circuit boards in one bubble envelop just arrived today ;)
Thank you Harrison . I will give you feed back soon as possible .
Regards Alex.

Attachments

• IMG_4980.JPG
    IMG_4980.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 936