SYMEF amplifier

Does something like in the pics attached will work?

Thanks.

Attachments

• POS.jpg
    POS.jpg
    406.3 KB · Views: 593
  • NEG.jpg
    NEG.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 559
hi paul..

first if you have a cd player or dvd you can use it because it sounds better.I have noticed it when playing music specially when it comes to chorus the sound get compressed or the amplitude has limitation when using computer eventhough you have soundcard.

about board I have come up with a new layout and tomorrow I will upload it.I have tried the jurassic style,in terms of THD it is superior than straight lines.

regards,
joel

Hi Harrison,

Dont do it
Ok, I won't ;)
Regulating the VAS and input would be sooo nice! I don't have the skills (yet) to design such a modification, but you have. Can you think about it please! ;) But don't change the sonics of the amp, I'm too in love with it!

Hi Joel,

first if you have a cd player or dvd you can use it because it sounds better.
I have a DVD player. But it's so pratical to have all the music in the hard drive and use your favourite media player...;) You're right, it sounds better with the DVD player :)

I have tried the jurassic style,in terms of THD it is superior than straight lines.
Then lets go with round lines :)

Last edited:
I've been experimenting with input and VAS regulation with LM317/337 chips but I seem to prefer full amp regulation. I added a 15000uF of caps after the LT1083 the bass in good, also the dynamics are impressive. I don't know if adding this much capacitance after the chip will negate the ideia of regulation in the first place...:confused:

Anyway, does a single LT1083 per rail (Imax = 7.5A) be enough for the SYMEF?

I don't know if Joel could find away to put this regulators in the same pcb as the main amp... Just an ideia.;)

Hi Paul,

Create a stereo amplifier of the SYMEF that you will keep constant and not modify. It will be for your listening pleasure and also for reference. You can use it for AB comparisons with the modified versions.

You may choose to use the latest PCB we are just about to roll out.

kind regards,

Harrison.