SYMEF amplifier

no problem...

I will upload it tomorrow.

as you can see vas are much closer to supply rail and and pre driver, plus separate ground returns and additonal capacitor at vas for much better psrr.

but then again this amp.has a good psrr even without this modification it will still sound very very good:) in my case.

we have included groundings on all side and in the middle so the amp. will not act as an antenna.

supply lines infront so you can twist the wiring and a star gnd directly connected to chassis via copper tube spacer.

all this credit goes to Harrison for his amazing amp.Happy to be part with this;)

regards,
joel

Here's the pcb...Paulo

sorry for waiting.

regards,
drowranger

Attachments

• topview.jpg
    topview.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 712
  • files.zip
    253 KB · Views: 248
30k mark

In-order for me to get closer to the 30k mark for data analysis, I need this threads resident engineers (such as Joel and Paul among others)to show case their amplifiers at their cities audio events and email me the data.

I also need volunteers from those who will be attending burning amp 2012 and are willing to show case their SYMEF to do so.

Cheers

put it used ceramics much cheaper and effective.
Ceramics ind audio, isn't that an heresy? :rolleyes:

The idea behind this is that high frequencies take the film cap path - better quality than any electrolytic -, and the bass doesn't mind the electrolytic. Some people always bypass electrolytics others say it can give rise to nasty ressonances.
For instance, in the power supply do you use to put a film cap after the reservoir electrolytics? I used to do it but now I'm not sure anymore.:confused:

decoupling cap.

This is where the decoupling capacitor comes in. The decoupling capacitor works as the device’s local energy storage. The capacitor cannot provide DC power because it stores only a small amount of energy but this energy can respond very quickly to changing current demands.

regards,
joel