"The Wire AMP" Class A/AB Power Amplifier based on the LME49830 with Lateral Mosfets

I have a few questions for everyone looking to build the amp. Can everyone try to reply with the answers?

- What load do you plan to drive?
- What power output do you want?
- Do you plan to run differential or SE input?
- Will you build a higher voltage regulated supply for the front end?

Regards,
Owen

1) minimum Z will be 3.5 ohm, maximum Z approx 20 ohm? maybe? (same speaker)
2) up to 200 W
3) SE
4) probably not, but if you can tell me where to find a turnkey Class II (no earth connection) PSU for not too much money, I would use one

Last edited:
- What load do you plan to drive? 4 & 8 ohm
- What power output do you want? 225 & 450 *
- Do you plan to run differential or SE input? Differential or SE is OK **
- Will you build a higher voltage regulated supply for the front end? Yes

* I only need 150 and 300 max, but I have 60V supplies so...
** I'm using MiniDSP which has differential and SE outputs. Differential output impedance is 560 ohms so may have to use SE which is no problem in my application.

I have a few questions for everyone looking to build the amp. Can everyone try to reply with the answers?

- What load do you plan to drive?

6 or 8 ohms

- What power output do you want?

150-200wpc

- Do you plan to run differential or SE input?

differential, not interested at all if the diff input is scratched, can get plenty of lme49830-fet amps without it all over the web, its the main reason i would build it and all of my gear is balanced, its what sets the build apart, good layout and compact too and i know the pcb will be high quality, but if you dont do it i'll probably get my own boards done at golden phoenix of the bal option if you would be cool with that.

- Will you build a higher voltage regulated supply for the front end?

yes

- What load do you plan to drive? 7 ohms (aside from a peak of 30-ish ohms at ~50 Hz)
- What power output do you want? 150+ Wpc (I don't neccessarily need it, but I plan to share a 38-40V trafo with another project)
- Do you plan to run differential or SE input? Differential
- Will you build a higher voltage regulated supply for the front end? Yes

Last edited:

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

Well, I think I'm going to cap the GB list here. We're up to 120 PCB's and 52 parts kits, and that's really all I can tackle at the moment.

If you missed this round, don't despair... there are always a few people who give up their boards and kits between now and shipping time in a few weeks.

I'll start accepting payments when I have a fully functional working PCB that is fully tested. Once that's done, I'll post a list here with people's totals and start accepting Paypal payments.

Thanks to everyone for posting up your intended setups! It looks like there are a lot of folks building in and around the 100W mark, so that will certainly be one of the setups I look closest at. I'm also looking at about 300W @ 8R for myself since my line arrays are a little on the power hungry side, so I'll be putting some extra work into that as well.

I'll keep you all posted on any progress.

qusp:

No worries, I won't be ditching the diff input. I just wanted to know how many were going to be using it.

Cheers,
Owen

Attachments

• LME AMP MASTER LIST 9-23-2011.pdf
    25.2 KB · Views: 299
cool, had me worried there for a mome, also if people were concerned they could use a bal-bal 'the wire headphone amp' with only the buffers populated, but then again probably those who dont have low enough output Z have a bit of a thing against opamps.

going by the numbers it really does look like a GB for the conrad mf30-1F-75 would be a good idea.