Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you have a special version made to Mitchell

He wants a subwoofer amplifier to operate together 6 Dx Super A amplifiers.

These SA amplifiers will be connected to woofer (mid bass) to squawker to mids and to a tweeter to highs.... because stereo, 6 units are being assembled.

He wants the MKIII operating 71 plus 71 volts to drive a subwoofer enclosure, with a 4 ohms speaker.

Then i have made modifications in order to fill his needs..small modifications, but the main one is the removal of the boostrapp due to the fact it is generating some strange signs while clipping.

Distortion to 35 hertz at 520 watts RMS is 0.001%

Modifications made in the VBE multiplier resistor values and iddle current should be adjusted to 15mA to each one of our 10 power transistors.

This amplifier resulted flat from DC to 100 Kilohertz, despite made to use as a subwoofer amplifier, but you can jump the input active filter (Mitchel gonna use an active filter in the input) and inject full range audio into it.

Sensitivity was adjusted to 2 volts RMS to drive the unit full power....the 2K2 resistor is the one adjust the gain.... reducing it you have more sensitivity..or less audio level gonna be needed to drive the unit to full output power.

Mitchell is calling it 6fold.

Uncle Charlie is healthy now a days, with 64 years old...no problems found in the heart or vains...no problems in the blood analysis and other body fluids... i am fine, thanks.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx MKIII Nabuco.pdf
    40.6 KB · Views: 357
  • MKIII custom to 45 hertz.jpg
    MKIII custom to 45 hertz.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 1,011
  • IMG_6155 small .jpg
    IMG_6155 small .jpg
    727.2 KB · Views: 999
  • sixfold-nabuco small.jpg
    sixfold-nabuco small.jpg
    872 KB · Views: 902
  • Old man.jpg
    Old man.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 809
Last edited:
These pcboards are black.

They look brown.....was because a Canon camera that had white from the floor reflected back to the CCD.

Here another picture, taken by a Lumix camera.... daylight, no flash, blue sky and white background.

Despite look green..it is black to human eyes under natural light

ATTENTION:

If you intend to push the limits, going to 300 watts RMS at 2 ohms, or if your heatsink is not really huge..then detach driver transistors from the main heatsink, keep them vertical and install 3 to 5 watts heatsinks on them.

Above suggestion is to Dx Super A, but this is usefull to all amplifier when operating high power with under sized heasinks.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• P1060564small.jpg
    P1060564small.jpg
    752.3 KB · Views: 801
Last edited:
Thank you dear friend.

Doctor tried hard to find a problem in the veins, heart, blood pressure and all the body chemistry and they have not found any problem.

Also fat is not a problem inside veins.... no problem with prostate...also anything related vitamins in my blood...everything fine and well balanced inside the limits... no trouble about sugar too.

As Doctors could not find a problem they said:

Well Mr. Carlos....you are overweight....and i answer to them laughing:

- Really?... are you sure?

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 10247454_688904207833311_8305743048208765916_n.jpg
    10247454_688904207833311_8305743048208765916_n.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 421
Hi guys are interested in the construction of the blame right but I got lost in many post and my English is not that great. I wanted to know if it was done the comparison with other amplifiers such as krell ksa50 and what it came out as a result. of course I mean the sound quality in addition to raw power. or if you can tell me the link where you see the comparison with others. thank you

First Dx Blame MKIII-Hx PCB Completed

Hi,

I thought I would report in on my first diy amplifier build. I purchased a couple of bare pcb's off of a fellow DIYAudio member earlier in the year and just completed my first pcb. I made one mistake by putting in the wrong part but it was discovered when I went back to verify all the parts. The amp PCB is installed in the chassis and sounds wonderful. I did make a few part changes based upon issues discussed earlier in the Thread, mainly resister changes for amplifier gain and so on.
Thank you everyone for this wonderful Thread.

Attachments

• IMG_2639.JPG
    IMG_2639.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 323
I am fine dear Rabbitz...working hard

My daughter is now studying to be a Medical Doctor, and this cost a lot in this country.... more than 2500 USD each month...... and this is 5 times harder than this ammount represents to you as we earn 5 times less in average per month.....

I am building amplifiers and power supplies and selling them in Brazil only...so...i am not scared to forum punishment thinking i am tooling advertisement....... no way.... i am not sending to foreign countries.....inside Brasil i already have a lot of work to do.

Already sold 400 kits...and more 200 hundred units in stock with all components already stocked... so.... for now on, my cost gonna be zero...i will just receive my invested money back.

Unit is called Classic....and it is because of Nordic (Nico Daneel) that love this name..... i do not like the name...but used because of Nico (South Africa)... i believe he passed
away....not 100 percent sure about that.

It is something alike and something diferent when compared with Dx Amplifier..has some features, some CCS......maybe a High End Dx Amplifier with some steroids as can pull out 300 "wiskies" with less than 0.030% THD.... and 0.017% in 8 ohms.

People is loving because of some features applied....philosophy applied is revoluctionary as you do not need speaker crossovers, pré amplifiers or input tone controls..it was made for multi amplification....all passive filters...very interesting idea i think.... each power supply with 40.000uf filtering...and using one to each channel....nice stuff with some reserve of electrons.... if you have need of a surge, the one can put it out....very low emitter resistors to reduce series resistance (good to bass)... tuned into the threshold of oscliation and having an interesting clipping glitch that produce some effect on it.....something i have learned from Hugh Dean...but no secret from him used or applied..just some lessons he gave us for free, he has posted and no one have perceived the golden information posted and ignored.... but me.

I am healthy...no problems in health...or nothing serious..blood pressure controlled..no heart problemas..no liver problems.... a little overweight something defective in thiroid.... a little higher eye pressure (Glaucoma) and some problems that do not bother me.

My laboratory now a days completed....4 oscilloscopes, 3 nice multimeters, 2 huge professional power supplies, ESR meter, Capacitance , inductance meter...generators, huge speakers..hugh power Digital units for comparison..big speakers..some portable tools, portable DSO, soldering station and all tools needed to cut wood, to work with metal...well...happy.... i have tools enougth to do whatever i want to do.

Using a small motorcicle to have fun..... a small 50cc toy that i love so much...i am looking a baby elefant over a small bicicle....alike you see in circus...it is funny... just
for fun...i only use in my surroundings..streets with no pavement..i love the cross like
driving because of suspension is soft and with my overweigth i go floating...this is just
delicious.

Retired from Government but living with oonfort...no big worries in my life..thanks God by that.

Activity in this forum i have stopped....no time to do that...alway working and taking care of my youtube channel with 4.5 million views.. a small one..only 11000 subscribers earning 100 bucks each month from youtube (funny that....channel is now monetized..filled with stupid advertisement...now a days i am bothering people with that....i give up to work for free...cannot do that anymore because daugther in College of Medicine.

I am selling in Brazil, circuits already assembled and tested by 100 bucks each pcboard...customer is paying shipping inside Brazil...cost is 20 bucks shipment plus warranty.

Some guys from Germany wants to be distributors to Europe...i am thinking about.....do not know..maybe gonna sell him pcboards..the guy assemble and keep the profit for himself....i can put overprice in pcboards and done.

I hope everything fine with you and family...God bless you dear friend....and i hope Hugh is fine...i miss you all but cannot be here...no time for that.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-06-02 at 09.04.59.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-06-02 at 09.04.59.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 777
  • IMG_20170428_074153.jpg
    IMG_20170428_074153.jpg
    740 KB · Views: 772
  • Absolut rarity.jpg
    Absolut rarity.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 741
  • Old man.jpg
    Old man.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 730
Last edited:
Dear Carlos Sir,
I am keen to make Dx Blame MKIII-Hx for my own personal use. I have the PSU as mentioned below -

50-0-50 vac -
1000 VA
Filter Caps - 60000 uf/100 v

Please let me know if I can use this PSU for the Amplifier as the its is giving 68 VDc .

Also let me know if PCB are available for this amplifier which is approved from your desk. One vendor ( Jiims Audio) in EBAY has these PCBs and claiming that the PCBS are approved by the Designer. Is this claim is true?

If you approve to buy the PCB from the ebay Jiims Audio then I will go for it. Or else I will try to get as per your advise.

Regards,
Samrat

Status
Not open for further replies.