Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So these boards are different than Alex MM design sold by Jim's Audio - am I right?

Do transistors which require thermal tracking to work better such as LTP input pair have been taken care of in your board design?
And of course what is the price of one pair of these boards and shipping cost to Australia? Is PayPal OK to pay for these boards.

Thank you,
Have a good weekend,
Janusz

AlexMM has provide me the Gerber files .I know some cut a trace regarding the lifted ground and some guys didn't because they didn't have an isue of hum or what so ever .I contacted Alex to ask him if he had changed his MKIII layout.
About pricing I hope to get around 24 Euro/pair ,all depend on the amount .
Shipping cost ,I've to check that .

New layout

Attachments

• New MKIII.jpg
    New MKIII.jpg
    1,012.9 KB · Views: 552
Very lovely pcb - and daughter, Carlos!!

I am very pleased you are selling lots of amps in Brazil, you deserve to sell thousands.

Nice to hear from Peter. I met him a few months back, lovely guy, and Peter, stay well..... and me come to that!

I cannot leave without leaving my latest for you to examine, Carlos.

Your old mate,

Hugh

Attachments

• SAKSA3.jpg
    SAKSA3.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 464
True, with external PS large on board capacitance is not needed, 2 x 10mF is enough. I simply assumed that if I use 2 pairs of 12-15mF caps on board (older board design) I do not need external PS with filtering caps, just rectifying bridges and one large toroid for two boards (or one).

LTP input transistors could be bound together so they would thermally track each other. It's a common practice. Ideal solution is to use a factory matched pair such as MAT02.

cheers,

DX MK II pcb rev 2.3

I have not disappeared yet, and I am still active and here is a rev 2.3 dual layer PCB for DX MK III amplifier ......was not tested yet . QC check are welcome .
Regards,Alex

Attachments

• DX MK III ALL.jpg
    DX MK III ALL.jpg
    992.1 KB · Views: 672
  • DX MK III TOP PIC.jpg
    DX MK III TOP PIC.jpg
    1,021.2 KB · Views: 632
  • DX MK III BOTTOM PIC.jpg
    DX MK III BOTTOM PIC.jpg
    728.7 KB · Views: 566
  • 2012-12-21.jpg