diyAB Amp - The "Honey Badger"

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I found mouser very good. I ordered in japan. Directly from the US website. Cost $30 to ship the stuff and it arrived within a few days. In Taiwan, I can place the ordered locally in english and the prices are the same as on the US website. I did rod $220 worth of stuff, so no shipping charges. Fantastic company in my view.

As for RS, I think outside of the UKthey are very difficult to deal with - exorbitant prices and shipping charges and very unfriendly. So, I try to avoid them.

Hi, I want to confirm these transistors if can be suitables for replacement, wich are availables trough a local distributor in my country. I've been comparing datasheets and I think these can be a good solution.

KSC1845 ----------> 2SC1845
KSA992------------> 2SA992
NJW0281-----------> MJL3281
NJW0302-----------> MJL1302

Thank you.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
ostripper is moving to a new place at the moment I think, so isn't in communication. As soon as he contacts me and sends me the files, I'll send them out to get boards made..

Hmmm , we really should do a test run, anyone interested? You'll get boards first, in about a month, but at a small risk. I agree with os, though, they look very functional, and usually any errors are small and correctable. We would of course replace them if there were a gross error, but then moving all those components.. :(

Mark

Last edited:
I'll gladly volunteer to be a guinea pig. I have already purchased the parts. Some I have , the rest are being sent from 0'seas. Been trying to make some diy boards using photo paper and laser printer metod but not going too well(keeps bleeding on transfer). Should also have my powersupply done within the month so will be ready for the amp section.

Regards

Simon