Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd July 2011, 11:11 AM   #231
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Move the 4component group of 1n4007,100nF, 1n4007, 4r7 up by ~0.1"
Bring the -ve trace through between the heatsink and the existing 100r.
Connect the 330r to this new -ve trace.
Old 23rd July 2011, 11:25 AM   #232
alex mm is offline alex mm  Europe
diyAudio Member

.... no problem at all I can manage
Regards Alex.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DX MK III V2.0.jpg (568.1 KB, 326 views)
File Type: jpg DX MK III V3.0.jpg (509.7 KB, 306 views)
File Type: jpg DX MK III V1.0.jpg (899.3 KB, 285 views)
Old 23rd July 2011, 11:58 AM   #233
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex mm View Post
.... no problem at all I can manage
Regards Alex.
Alex,
Can you also make a board with the following dimensions 265mm x 115 mm instead of 265mm x 87 mm?This way I could use an L bracket like in the pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AcS100-1.jpg (106.3 KB, 280 views)
Old 23rd July 2011, 01:09 PM   #234
diyAudio Member

Default Yes dear Meanman..... board was made that way to reduce size and this way we would

be able to reduce price...but if you can have the same good price having bigger board...then go ahead..it is fine to me...i do like this way.. was not applied as a sacrifice in order not to increase price.

About that resistance, well folks, if you want you can forget that resistance..we can say folks not to install them in the board too...not the best solution to say that but we can do that in an emergency when Byron had already fixed all stuff and made agreements with his board manufacturer.... circuit can operate without the resistance to negative, because it is there because i desire to adjust both VAS transistors VBE according to my own needs..some "matching" of VBEs or if you want to understand different, some "unmatching" of VBEs i wanted to have there.

Bias, polarization will be there anyway...with or without the resistor... watch the diagram and you will see the circuit can flow this way too... simulations and also my prototype worked great without problems when i have removed that resistance from the circuit.

Of course i would prefere to have it..but if Alexandru , or Byron or Meanman, because their own reasons, decide to keep the circuit the way it is and inform builders to remove that resistance..then it is OK to me too...i want to make your life easier..and also to provide a very good circuit to the community.

Alexandru finding some time to do it (he is busy), also Byron and Meanman, then you should fix the stuff installing the resistor in the correct place.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg We can let it out from the circuit too.jpg (24.5 KB, 244 views)
Old 23rd July 2011, 01:26 PM   #235
diyAudio Member

Default Good!...it looks you have made changes Alexandru

Then send the fixed gerbers to my adress.... your have changed but uncle charlie email adress remains the same:

nanabrother@hotmail.com

We gonna be happy, not only me but also group buy managers Meanman and Byron will be happy having brand new fresh gerbers with all that stuff fixed.

regards,

Carlos
Old 23rd July 2011, 01:29 PM   #236
diyAudio Member

Default MKIII Home edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
that is already very good...but busy... very busy!

I am having two more foruns to feed with boards, and i want now a different kind of layout as these two foruns (SMPS and diyaudio) are using the same layout....i want a different style...your style man!

Also i want another option, a Mini Hx, or "The son of Hx" to offer.... the same amplifier having only two output transistor, a single pair..and without room for "L" shape bracket to have it small and cheap.

Please, present your layout here, or contact uncle charlie using email adress:

nanabrother@hotmail.com

It is a non profit movement.... the same i use to do all these years..no one will receive any kind of payment or advantage..no boards as gift, anything..just our gratitude, the forum respect, the forum appreciation on you and your inclusion in the hall of fame from the Dx Corporation, second stage, main headquarters..with your picture surrounded by golden frame.

I have a demand...i want your board tested...if accepted, then must be tested prior to me to order and distribute...you must produce it, sample, and build, or must send me to me to build and test it... then we will start group buy using your gerbers (must provide them).

Also provide me all files from your software that can be different than Eagle...files you have used to produce your layout and to export files as Gerbers.

I want your authorization to use it for free, in wide world foruns.... without profit to anyone of us....no advantage to me, nor for you and not for the group buy manager... a free service for the audiophile community.

- "Join the Corporation where you have the good ones to be one of us!"

We are reaching 100 boards ordered...so...it is a sucessfull enterprise and i want you to join us.

‪Are you a good pcboard designer then i want you‬‏ - YouTube

regards,

Carlos
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MKIII HOME EDITION.pdf (63.7 KB, 166 views)
Old 23rd July 2011, 01:38 PM   #237
diyAudio Member

Default Excelent... despite i am not having free time to inspect in details

Seems you have joined all ground points to a single track... this is very good.

I could see a jumper... this is good too, because this way you made it better than use a long waving line around.

Thank you... i will give a check on that but gonna make is with calm... we have no hurry about...i gonna use new layout to November...so.... a lot of time we have to study things.

You have sent me strange gerbers.... i do think we need silk screen, copper tracks, drill holes and more two or three files (I have not knowledge about the stuff)... you sent me more than 20 files..hehehehe..... check if this is correct...i will send you some gerbers as example to you.

Thank you very much...but do it with calm, not needed to run this way...we will not use them now.

Please, inform your country and if possible update your profile including this information about you and more if you want... we will be glad to know you better.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 23rd July 2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 23rd July 2011, 01:47 PM   #238
diyAudio Member

Default My pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
Seems you have joined all ground points to a single track... this is very good.

I could see a jumper... this is good too, because this way you made it better than use a long waving line around.

Thank you... i will give a check on that but gonna make is with calm... we have no hurry about...i gonna use new layout to November...so.... a lot of time we have to study things.

You have sent me strange gerbers.... i do think we need silk screen, copper tracks, drill holes and more two or three files (I have not knowledge about the stuff)... you sent me more than 20 files..hehehehe..... check if this is correct...i will send you some gerbers as example to you.

Thank you very much...but do it with calm, not needed to run this way...we will not use them now.

Please, inform your country and if possible update your profile including this information about you and more if you want... we will be glad to know you better.

regards,

Carlos
Old 23rd July 2011, 01:54 PM   #239
diyAudio Member

Carlos, bigger boards will not increase price
Old 23rd July 2011, 02:15 PM   #240
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanman1964 View Post
Carlos, bigger boards will not increase price
are you sure?
Are there some PCB manufacturers that charge by the unit only and not by area?

Hide this!Advertise here!