Its only need +50V for +/-45V outputs. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2010, 06:49 AM   #1
ontoaba is offline ontoaba  Indonesia
diyAudio Member
 
ontoaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kudus, Malang, Dieng
Default Its only need +50V for +/-45V outputs.

I have seen this kind in Mackie subwoofers it is good for their complex supply, it need only one supply for both +/-.
Attached Images
File Type: png single supply.PNG (32.0 KB, 724 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 07:37 PM   #2
diyAudio Member
 
Workhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Its not complex IMHO,

Under normal conditions the +/-15VDC is keeping the bjt amplifier into quiescent conditions and for large swings the floating mono battery just swaps its position to required polarity in order to juice up more voltage with respect to ground via mosfet switches and schottky diodes combination.

To make it more interesting one can use grounded collector or emitter with floating rails to overcome the need for high voltage preamp/vas stage.

No one replied yet, i am the first one to reply..........

Last edited by Workhorse; 13th January 2011 at 07:43 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 10:57 PM   #3
ontoaba is offline ontoaba  Indonesia
diyAudio Member
 
ontoaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kudus, Malang, Dieng
Thanks for first reply,
Yes interesting, a current mirror like (see attachement).
Another interesting here: Their amplifier stages are simple, 9 transistors (8 without bias) for 600W into 12ohm, only 1pair A1943 C5200. No joke , it is real. They are mass produced.

I am now searching other than mackie that apply this to their amps, but no result this far
Attached Images
File Type: png Br&Br cut.PNG (6.3 KB, 590 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 02:54 AM   #4
diyAudio Member
 
Workhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontoaba View Post
Thanks for first reply,
Yes interesting, a current mirror like (see attachement).
Another interesting here: Their amplifier stages are simple, 9 transistors (8 without bias) for 600W into 12ohm, only 1pair A1943 C5200. No joke , it is real. They are mass produced.

I am now searching other than mackie that apply this to their amps, but no result this far

I think i can make a similar use of this topology in Mosfet grounded source configuration for Class-A on +/-20V and just one Floating High Voltage source to get more swing.
Attached Images
File Type: png zaq.png (9.1 KB, 543 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 03:00 AM   #5
singa is offline singa  Singapore
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: near
Send a message via AIM to singa Send a message via MSN to singa Send a message via Yahoo to singa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontoaba View Post
Thanks for first reply,
Yes interesting, a current mirror like (see attachement).
Another interesting here: Their amplifier stages are simple, 9 transistors (8 without bias) for 600W into 12ohm, only 1pair A1943 C5200. No joke , it is real. They are mass produced.

I am now searching other than mackie that apply this to their amps, but no result this far
ontoaba, Are you wanting to diy a subwoofer? I'm thinking you could hurt
yourself seriously without the proper understanding and knowledge of the
fundamentals of electronics.

600W into 12ohm ( PMPO perhaps?) with only 1 pair of 2SA1943,2SC5200 no joke?

It is A JOKE That's B&S and misrepresentation. In commercial amps these 1 pair will only be 50W max. and it's pushing them really but the manufactuter knows you won't go there because long before this level your ears will bleed!

Use your common sense and I'm sure if you really examine
these high power amps even a modest one at 100W you need at least
2 pair of transistors per channel.Much less a 600 watter.

If you plan to build an amp and falsely spec your amp as a 600W
for example,you will discover that you have no business and lose
credibility because you are not giving what you promise at the quoted price
which you know in reality can not be done.Just look at a KRELL amp or any
el cheapo one.This is planet earth as far as I know startrek technology has
not reach here.No offence. Regards.

Last edited by singa; 14th January 2011 at 03:02 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 03:16 AM   #6
diyAudio Member
 
Workhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by singa View Post
ontoaba, Are you wanting to diy a subwoofer? I'm thinking you could hurt
yourself seriously without the proper understanding and knowledge of the
fundamentals of electronics.

600W into 12ohm ( PMPO perhaps?) with only 1 pair of 2SA1943,2SC5200 no joke?

It is A JOKE That's B&S and misrepresentation. In commercial amps these 1 pair will only be 50W max. and it's pushing them really but the manufactuter knows you won't go there because long before this level your ears will bleed!

Use your common sense and I'm sure if you really examine
these high power amps even a modest one at 100W you need at least
2 pair of transistors per channel.Much less a 600 watter.

If you plan to build an amp and falsely spec your amp as a 600W
for example,you will discover that you have no business and lose
credibility because you are not giving what you promise at the quoted price
which you know in reality can not be done.Just look at a KRELL amp or any
el cheapo one.This is planet earth as far as I know startrek technology has
not reach here.No offence. Regards.
Singa,

The amplifier under discussion is not your regular Class-AB like a heat generator Krell.

With a rail tracking or multiple Tier switching getting 600W from just one pair of 5200/1943 is not a JOKE but a reality in itself.

84V rms and 7.5A rms are need for 600WRMS at 12ohms load<<< keep this in mind.

So better you update your Knowledge or remain a joke till your lifetime thinking about Krell and Class-AB amplifiers with so many parallel pairs of transistors to get a punny 300W.

Last edited by Workhorse; 14th January 2011 at 03:19 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 04:11 AM   #7
singa is offline singa  Singapore
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: near
Send a message via AIM to singa Send a message via MSN to singa Send a message via Yahoo to singa
Sorry guys did'nt know this was a switching amp. My appologies.
Too quick on the gun.Class D... (wrong forum?)

Last edited by singa; 14th January 2011 at 04:15 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 06:08 AM   #8
ontoaba is offline ontoaba  Indonesia
diyAudio Member
 
ontoaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kudus, Malang, Dieng
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workhorse View Post
I think i can make a similar use of this topology in Mosfet grounded source configuration for Class-A on +/-20V and just one Floating High Voltage source to get more swing.
Yes, that also working, but all batteries are floating, Mackie is winner working in classB with tracking rail. Still,, your configuration is better than what I have think before, it is full bridge in my mind for single supply.

Hi singa,
It is not classD, but linear amplifier with tracking rail, it has around 100V(their electrolyt is 160V) single supply converted into variable with buck converter, again only with single IRF640. Their components are very close to tiny amplifiers, but it really has that rating, 600Wrms into 12ohm. Its SWA1501.
See my first post picture. Without buck converter to track the rail, it become classH.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 06:33 AM   #9
singa is offline singa  Singapore
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: near
Send a message via AIM to singa Send a message via MSN to singa Send a message via Yahoo to singa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontoaba View Post
Yes, that also working, but all batteries are floating, Mackie is winner working in classB with tracking rail. Still,, your configuration is better than what I have think before, it is full bridge in my mind for single supply.

Hi singa,
It is not classD, but linear amplifier with tracking rail, it has around 100V(their electrolyt is 160V) single supply converted into variable with buck converter, again only with single IRF640. Their components are very close to tiny amplifiers, but it really has that rating, 600Wrms into 12ohm. Its SWA1501.
See my first post picture. Without buck converter to track the rail, it become classH.
Hi ontoaba,
A buck converter is used in switching supply but perhaps
not as high frequency as class D any way I understand what you are saying.
Regards.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 12:57 PM   #10
diyAudio Member
 
Workhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontoaba View Post
Yes, that also working, but all batteries are floating, Mackie is winner working in classB with tracking rail. Still,, your configuration is better than what I have think before, it is full bridge in my mind for single supply.
I think we only need the mono battery + low tier bipolar supply floating for each channel and kick this thing into something powerful.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SILMIC 3300u/50v,47u/50v,47u/63v uhcmos Vendor's Bazaar 121 16th February 2011 02:47 PM
WTB: BGN 4,7uf 50v, 10uf 50v & 22uf 16v Pocoyo Swap Meet 1 16th September 2010 02:09 AM
Power Trans, 45V-0-45V pistoljoe Swap Meet 1 15th April 2008 10:39 AM
Where are all the 300VA 45v toroids at? ShinOBIWAN Solid State 9 15th May 2007 07:52 PM
What would happen with a 45V transformer??? camshaft Chip Amps 3 27th February 2007 06:04 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:25 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2