Its only need +50V for +/-45V outputs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Like I said before, a splendid. great idea.. also with 20+30=50 plus classAH efficiency.
Note:Also switching assistant will solve efficiency problems, LOL not here (5+45 voltage follower with floating drivers is extreme version or full G "most curvy"??).

Your schematic is classA phase inverted, plus zener and mosfet track up. That was good simple one as djk also said, already with opto current shutdown.
But this one is tracked output, not phase inverted/shifted. When the amplifier only controlling itself. That we could use best transistors for output stage and cheap transistor to dissipate power (also able for 5+45 "most curvy"??).
I only need to add voltage sense from output and ground for regulator from my schematic, but I am afraid for 10KHz and up.

Hi, make your schematic work in classAB, classA+classA need double idle current that classA+classAB do.

Thanks, djk.

But, Mackie is regulating the supply (make it variable). May be there are no patents for this Mackie, at least we know that it could be used for subwoofer. Then by using this regulator it may be better for low ripple and only one power dissipating transistor (half transistor needed in dissipating power compared to normal amplifier).

Workhorse's ANFET is similar with that classG patent.

Here is the target waveform from the mixture.

Attachments

• rails picture.PNG
    rails picture.PNG
    2.3 KB · Views: 200
It finished, much easier than I imagine while seeing Mackie complex schematic.
Their schematic makes me feel that it will hard.
It is simpler, only 4 of DB's(2for switch, 2for regulator) and 3 of IRF's(2for switch,1for regulator). Work very fast 50KHz and more.

It is time to built it.

Thanks for all, special for workhorse and djk.

see you next time:)

Attachments

• finished.PNG
    finished.PNG
    6.2 KB · Views: 191
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.