The Very Best Amplifier I Have Ever Heard!!!!

It means, the Memisis was indeed a complete modular design (or should i say JOBby) ; universal gain stage module, exact same board for all of the larger models.

For a different model number : just pick a couple of different value resistors, number of power MOSFETs and the max Vds type, change of transformer and lytic caps.
Rest is standard.

Haute couture prices, with a prêt-à-porter production setup.
As the Memisis 8 demonstrates (even standard L-angles).

Attachments

• Memisis8.jpg
    Memisis8.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,305
Last edited:
in fact the best results for high speed MOSFET dvices such as this work best with an all carbon resistor set. on numerous occasions I have come acroos people/DIYer's that change resistors in old equipment such as valve amps or tuners then wonder why they no longer function well or in the case of tuners at all. been watching this project thread with interest. understand as told to me prior post dunno the number its about "the attention to details" not too sure but think some or most of the resistors used on these amps are metal film.

Hi Charlieb999,

I found the following photos on the web, I guessed that this was from a Mimesis 1.Some filter caps had been removed.

Goldmund used Thick-Film resisters similar to PWR221T-30-1000J Bourns Thick Film Resistors - Through Hole as gate-stoppers for the L-FETs.

Can someone tell me:

What is the type of resistor (Green 10R 5W) next to the relay?
What is the type of capacitors on the bottom side of the PCB?

Cheers, Stanley

Attachments

• Amp Goldmund Mimesis 1a.jpg
    Amp Goldmund Mimesis 1a.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 1,195
  • Amp Goldmund Mimesis 1b.jpg
    Amp Goldmund Mimesis 1b.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 1,126
Last edited:
It means, the Memisis was indeed a complete modular design (or should i say JOBby) ; universal gain stage module, exact same board for all of the larger models.

For a different model number : just pick a couple of different value resistors, number of power MOSFETs and the max Vds type, change of transformer and lytic caps.
Rest is standard.

Haute couture prices, with a prêt-à-porter production setup.
As the Memisis 8 demonstrates (even standard L-angles).

The standard L-angles makes storage easy.

Attachments

• Goldmund factory in Neuchatel in 1994.jpg
    Goldmund factory in Neuchatel in 1994.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,487
If so, then they're low capacitance value.

TO-3 mounting hole distance is 30mm, heart to heart.
The body of the bypass caps under the board is less than half that.
Not 15mm is 11mm, 11mm means low cap value (70Vdc rails)

See : www.komponenten.es.aau.dk/fileadmin/komponenten/Data_Sheet/Generelle/KS429.pdf

For a size reference : 45300pF/63V Polystyrene EMZ - 3.3uF/100V MKC Roederstein - 2.2uF/400V MKP Siemens

Attachments

• KS-MKC-MKP.jpg
    KS-MKC-MKP.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,092
Last edited: