Studio Reference Amplifier

SR 200 in temporary casing...It's hard to find 12cm height casing but now so wide and big

Attachments

• SR200NEW.jpg
    SR200NEW.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 2,655
Allow me to post my review...

Even my SR200 built with available spare parts from local store, it produces very deep on low freq, a lot of bass, clean mid and clear high.
The detail of this amp is awesome, you can hear a lot of kind of sounds. Now I know the reason how Mr. Slavkovic named this amplifier as studio reference. As you said, in my system SR 200 has better performance comparing to my AX16 in all perspectives. Maybe it is because of power rating reason..
Sweet vocal reproducing from Emi Fujita, Diana Krall and Michael Bubble, some fusion jazz instrumental songs were reproduced fine and detail also.
I tested this amp with Marcuss Miller CD to see how the bass guitar’s sound. I like the bass sound. I think it would be better if play this SR 200 with 8” woofer or bigger ones. I use my ugly speaker for testing ha ha ha.
Some of my local diyaudio friends has come to test my SR200 and gave it some credits…They like this SR200 too.
Considering I am not an audio engineer, or an audio expertise so I count on my ear, I try to write a fair review on my SR200 and my AX16 as good as I can. Another person may have their own opinion that may different. I am sorry, this is very subjective point of view.
I would like to thank you so much, Mr. Apex for sharing this very good design.

Best Regards,

Allow me to post my review...

Even my SR200 built with available spare parts from local store, it produces very deep on low freq, a lot of bass, clean mid and clear high.
The detail of this amp is awesome, you can hear a lot of kind of sounds. Now I know the reason how Mr. Slavkovic named this amplifier as studio reference. As you said, in my system SR 200 has better performance comparing to my AX16 in all perspectives. Maybe it is because of power rating reason..
Sweet vocal reproducing from Emi Fujita, Diana Krall and Michael Bubble, some fusion jazz instrumental songs were reproduced fine and detail also.
I tested this amp with Marcuss Miller CD to see how the bass guitar’s sound. I like the bass sound. I think it would be better if play this SR 200 with 8” woofer or bigger ones. I use my ugly speaker for testing ha ha ha.
Some of my local diyaudio friends has come to test my SR200 and gave it some credits…They like this SR200 too.
Considering I am not an audio engineer, or an audio expertise so I count on my ear, I try to write a fair review on my SR200 and my AX16 as good as I can. Another person may have their own opinion that may different. I am sorry, this is very subjective point of view.
I would like to thank you so much, Mr. Apex for sharing this very good design.

Best Regards,

Thank You very much, I need more posts like this, music is the reason for made amps.
Best Regards

Dear Apexaudio

I have finishing my PCBdesign with ExpressPCB
I want to ask is this design okay?
It is only use 1 jumper :) & now with component value...

@ Arif Budiyanto, congratulation...
I hope I can make it soon, like you do :D

Regards

Attachments

• SR200.zip
    191.4 KB · Views: 608
  • TOP KOMPONEN.PNG
    TOP KOMPONEN.PNG
    79 KB · Views: 2,107
Dear Apexaudio

I have finishing my PCBdesign with ExpressPCB
I want to ask is this design okay?
It is only use 1 jumper :) & now with component value...

@ Arif Budiyanto, congratulation...
I hope I can make it soon, like you do :D

Regards

Use wire jumper instead this line, and all MJEs must have heatsink (Arif SR200 also)
Regards

Attachments

• TOP KOMPONEN.JPG
    TOP KOMPONEN.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 2,033
  • 5o5x05 (3).jpg
    5o5x05 (3).jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 1,893
Last edited:
Use wire jumper instead this line, and all MJEs must have heatsink (Arif SR200 also)
Regards
Ok, thanks apex ...
1 jumper I mean is this wire jumper, sorry for wrong drawing
& this MJE on center also need heatsink right, same heatsink as the other or smaller heatsink will be okay?
I guess I need to move it a little if need same heatsink :D

@ Arif Budiyanto, maybe you mean this type of SanKen
I use SanKen 2SA1295/2SC3264 and replace with SanKen 2SA1294/2SC3263.

Regards

Attachments

• TOP KOMPONEN 2.PNG
    TOP KOMPONEN 2.PNG
    78 KB · Views: 1,564
Ok, thanks apex ...
1 jumper I mean is this wire jumper, sorry for wrong drawing
& this MJE on center also need heatsink right, same heatsink as the other or smaller heatsink will be okay?
I guess I need to move it a little if need same heatsink :D

@ Arif Budiyanto, maybe you mean this type of SanKen

Regards

MJE on center also need same heatsink as the others, and this SanKen can be use instead Toshiba on same pcb.
Regards

Hi Apex,

Im new here, almost read this thread from the beggining. It is so exiting to hear this stuff with my own work in the future.

I have here home made transfomer 800va but secondary output is quitly different 60 0 57 vac. After rectify by bridge diode it become +83.2 and -81.5 vdc.

Can this affect to supply class a/b amplifier? or is their other way to fix output dc to get balance?

DIY expert are welcome to reply.

an214q