100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Thanks.. But I think i missed those AX20R & AX22 I'll search them but if you or anyone can assist which post# would be highly appreciated.

Sure.. Thanks.

There is AX22 pcb in post #9835

Attachments

• APEX AX20R.JPG
    APEX AX20R.JPG
    494.9 KB · Views: 1,655
  • APEX AX22.JPG
    APEX AX22.JPG
    419.1 KB · Views: 1,571
Preamp again

Hi, here is a SMD version to the inverted preamp. There is no real reason to make the layout so small, just for fun. It is then also my limit for DIY etching. Maybe someone has fun with it.
Thanks Mile and a little late happy birthday!

regards Olaf

Attachments

• Layout.JPG
    Layout.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,543
  • PCB.jpg
    PCB.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 1,508
  • SMD_PreAmp.jpg
    SMD_PreAmp.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 1,461
  • Solderd.jpg
    Solderd.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 1,429
  • InvertPreampApexNE5532.zip
    44.2 KB · Views: 329
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I did an interesting experiment in an effort to figure out how to get rid of hum in my Class A amp setup. I was having the hardest time getting rid of hum from ground loops or what not in my Class A Pass amp setup so I finally took out the Pass amps, and built a Pass F6 PSU with P2P wiring, using a 400VA 18v-0-18v trafo and qnty 8 x 33mF caps in a CRC PSU. It is important to follow the schematic exactly, especially where the ground points are. So instead of a Pass Class A amp (either M2 or Babelfish J), I put in the FX8 Bimo mod amp, but I cranked the bias up to 1 amp. It is stable, and the DC offset is maintained at circa 10mV. Bias is rock stable.

The new F6 PSU and the FX8 Bimo under Class A operation works very well. I measured 0.0mV noise at the speaker output with my Fluke 101. I have never measured 0.0mV in any speaker amplifier. Only headphone amps after much care is taken.

Anyhow, just wanted to let Apex fans know that the FX8 Bimo runs very nicely with 24v rails and an amp of bias. If you have the PSU and the heatsink, give it a try. It's refreshing to have a Class A amp that has 30dB gain vs the 15dB or 20dB typically seen over in the Pass forum.

Thanks to Mr Mile, Bimo, and Prasi for this great amp. I dusted it off after more than a year on the shelf and it is sounding great.

Here is F6 PSU schematic:
638506d1507060690-crc-power-supply-class-amplifier-f6-power-supply-2-png

Here is test showing 0.0mV noise at speaker output with input turned off (iPhone 6s):
attachment.php

Here is closeup of FX8 Bimo mod running at hot 1000mA bias:
attachment.php

Attachments

• FX8-Bimo-ClassA.jpg
    FX8-Bimo-ClassA.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 1,793
I did an interesting experiment in an effort to figure out how to get rid of hum in my Class A amp setup. I was having the hardest time getting rid of hum from ground loops or what not in my Class A Pass amp setup so I finally took out the Pass amps, and built a Pass F6 PSU with P2P wiring, using a 400VA 18v-0-18v trafo and qnty 8 x 33mF caps in a CRC PSU. It is important to follow the schematic exactly, especially where the ground points are. So instead of a Pass Class A amp (either M2 or Babelfish J), I put in the FX8 Bimo mod amp, but I cranked the bias up to 1 amp. It is stable, and the DC offset is maintained at circa 10mV. Bias is rock stable.

The new F6 PSU and the FX8 Bimo under Class A operation works very well. I measured 0.0mV noise at the speaker output with my Fluke 101. I have never measured 0.0mV in any speaker amplifier. Only headphone amps after much care is taken.

Anyhow, just wanted to let Apex fans know that the FX8 Bimo runs very nicely with 24v rails and an amp of bias. If you have the PSU and the heatsink, give it a try. It's refreshing to have a Class A amp that has 30dB gain vs the 15dB or 20dB typically seen over in the Pass forum.

Thanks to Mr Mile, Bimo, and Prasi for this great amp. I dusted it off after more than a year on the shelf and it is sounding great.

Here is F6 PSU schematic:
638506d1507060690-crc-power-supply-class-amplifier-f6-power-supply-2-png

Here is test showing 0.0mV noise at speaker output with input turned off (iPhone 6s):
638698d1507185182-crc-power-supply-class-amplifier-f6-psu-bimo-fx8-class-test-jpg

Here is closeup of FX8 Bimo mod running at hot 1000mA bias:
638700d1507187291-100w-ultimate-fidelity-amplifier-fx8-bimo-classa-jpg

Nice, I suggest AA9 or AA14 class A amps.
Regards