100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st March 2010, 09:11 AM   #31
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekhar View Post
hi every body i very new new 2 this field i corrected the circuit as said by wahab and introduced a cap parallel to R20 as I read in G.randy slones book it help in faster turn on and turn off of the transistor if I am correct plz specify the value of the cap and may be the value of R20 needs to be lowered...........

modified circuit

regards
sekhar
Do not change anything on your own before you made functional amp, then you try with upgrades.
Regards
Old 31st March 2010, 09:21 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

What I really like about this amp is usage of Baxandall Super-pair transistors for VAS transistors...ultra fast, ultra high output impedance, ultra low output capacitance...nice!
Old 31st March 2010, 09:26 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

Nice but what about the PCB? Most diyers like me have no skills on making their own PCB layout. That is the biggest problem in making an amplifier.
Old 31st March 2010, 09:31 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch_vlad View Post
Nice but what about the PCB? Most diyers like me have no skills on making their own PCB layout. That is the biggest problem in making an amplifier.
Go to post #18, and in my thread "150W mosfet amplifier with IRFP250" in post #31, #34 U can find PCB for Kelvin amp. In my thread "DC servo mosfet amplifier" U can find PCB for PSU and Protect, can be use with any amp module.
Regards

Last edited by apexaudio; 31st March 2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:24 AM   #35
sekhar is offline sekhar  India
diyAudio Member

I am looking forward on building this amp looks very good as i have corrected the schematics according to wahab any more inputs will be very helpful and the pcb layout
plz

regards
sekhar
Old 31st March 2010, 11:47 AM   #36
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexaudio View Post
Do not change anything on your own before you made functional amp, then you try with upgrades.
Regards
i just corrected the resistor values as suggested by wahab and added a cap across R20 to decrease turn off time ......... as read by me in Slones book......
neways will make my own pcb and post it ........... it would be better if u could post working pcbs pics

regards
sekhar
Old 31st March 2010, 12:43 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekhar View Post
i just corrected the resistor values as suggested by wahab and added a cap across R20 to decrease turn off time ......... as read by me in Slones book......
neways will make my own pcb and post it ........... it would be better if u could post working pcbs pics

regards
sekhar
U can saw correct schematics in post #22. this is very new amplifier, I suggest to build Kelvin amp, it is similar and be used over a year ago.
Regards
Old 31st March 2010, 01:56 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

r u suggesting this amp and do have any pcb for this and how r the sonics..................
how can a VI limiter be introduced in circuit to prevent o/p stage destruction in event of short circuit

circuit
Click the image to open in full size.

regards
sekhar
Old 31st March 2010, 02:43 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

[QUOTE=sekhar;2137834]r u suggesting this amp and do have any pcb for this and how r the sonics..................
how can a VI limiter be introduced in circuit to prevent o/p stage destruction in event of short circuit

Read post #34.
Regards
Old 31st March 2010, 04:22 PM   #40
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparatusonitus View Post
What I really like about this amp is usage of Baxandall Super-pair transistors for VAS transistors...ultra fast, ultra high output impedance, ultra low output capacitance...nice!

And most probably ultra unstable too, Ive dug around, this design by apex is a clone of a yamaha amp, only that yamaha used it as a subwoofer amp, thats why you see compensation done like that 330pf cap across the feedback resistor, there was no intention for this amp to operate to normal frequencies required for full range amp. From what I can read about the yamaha amp is that it was discontinued prematurely because of problems, I can guess what those were......

Do some sims, and youll find it impossible to stabilise no matter how you try to compensate it.

Hide this!Advertise here!