426.8 KB · Views: 10,307
  • APEX KELVIN BJT PCB.jpg
    APEX KELVIN BJT PCB.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 9,729
  • APEX AX-14.jpg
    APEX AX-14.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 8,890
Mile;
Firstly I want to thank you for posting your designs here for everybody to (hopefully) build.
I heartily approve of your philosophy of using simple standard parts, that is what I do too.
Having said that, as other people have mentioned, your schematics seem to have mistakes (deliberate or not) in them, and it makes me wary of trying your designs.

It would be nice for somebody like ilimzm to provide a critique - I respect his comments !

Mile;
Firstly I want to thank you for posting your designs here for everybody to (hopefully) build.
I heartily approve of your philosophy of using simple standard parts, that is what I do too.
Having said that, as other people have mentioned, your schematics seem to have mistakes (deliberate or not) in them, and it makes me wary of trying your designs.

It would be nice for somebody like ilimzm to provide a critique - I respect his comments !
If you want to try some of my design don't worry, just posting, that is feedback what I want. I don't want to people just copy my PCBs.
Regards

Last edited:
Protect

Nobody like VI limiter in audio amplifier and possible distortion, but overcurrent can demage output. In PA short circuit on output for long time can damage amplifier with VI limiter also. This PSU have short circuit protect, and can help with experimenting amplifier. Schematics for short circuit protect can be implement in any DC protection.

Attachments

• APEX  PSU+DC Protect.jpg
    APEX PSU+DC Protect.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 54,259
my transformer is 24-0-24 volts ac , 200VA .would you mind telling me the component values i have to change in order for your circuit to work properly?
1 Replace 1,5k/5w with 330R/2W for relay
2 Replace 0,1R/5W with 0,22R/5W for short-circuit detect
3 Replace 220k with 47k for DC detect
Rest will work with 35V DC, 6k8/1W for LED can be replaced with 3k9, but not necessary.