100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

GREAT AMP

I made this amplifier for test my home DIY speakers (two way TL).

ORIGINAL SCHEMATIC (almost the same) has been used in legendary UK HH amplifiers played by Rollingstones back in 70's
I got an original board please take a look, it is a beauty...
DSC03509.JPG

Question on Power Supply

Hi,

I have home made power supply for my amplifier.
It was manually turn by my self.

The secondary output were 60 0 63 volts ac.
After rectified output voltage becomes 84.6 0 84.6 volts dc.

Is this ok since secondary ac is not equal but after it was rectified it become equal voltages on the DC.

Need expert advice here.

regards.
Ronald

Hi,

Is this ok since secondary ac is not equal but after it was rectified it become equal voltages on the DC.

Need expert advice here.

regards.
Ronald

Yes you get equal DC voltages (higer) on caps after rectified, you can disconnect 60 volts ac and with single 63 volts you still have +/-84.6 volts dc.
Regards

power supply for HH amp output stage

You have to make sure to have 60 0 60 otherwise you will have unstability. If you mak amp using this schematic (I will post it later) +-84 V DC is fine if output transistors have VCO 120+ (use 2N3773 or better Japanese audio transistors)

Hi,

Need expert advice here.

regards.
Ronald

Hi Apex,

So can I used my transfo with 60 0 63 ac with bridge diode to have strong current to my amplifier? Output DC becomes +-84.6 volts.

I just concern on the un balance ac voltage on the secondary winding.
Anyway is this safe?

Best regards,
Ronald

Yes you can use it. Voltage is to high for this amp, what is your amp, do you considering to use Regulated PSU?
Regards

Hi, Apex.. i've try the regulated supply with a chinese kit (jims audio) that i couldn't make work correctly. Surprise !! works good now ! too much trebble for my taste, too cristalin ; but that'is a other story ! (Kef104AB).
Now i have to try one of your amp ...AX14 or FX100 ???