Dx Blame ST - Builder's thread - post pictures, reviews and comments here please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
[Goosebumps sprout in the hundreds on the first 3 notes of the guitar.
The walls around me vanish, uplifting the soul to new heights. There is no midrange, highs or bass - only music]

Target: DX-BLAME-ES! This is the one I will build,thanks chloro' for the info. A quiet power supply is important.

Last edited:
Hi ferynov,

It is commonly found in car workshops as damping to shield the inside cabin from outside noise. Alu foil is on top of 3mm bitumen. Works wonders as speaker panel dampers and EI transformer damping too.

Here it is specifically :

Attachments

• Bitumen-Alu damping.JPG
    Bitumen-Alu damping.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 439
Betume in portuguese.... a thick grease, black that dampers

vibrations, insulates electricity (i think) and is able to protect metals from rust.

Looks alike petrol, thick petrol, used in ancient times to make boats and ships waterproof, used also together dry plants, to make fire and to keep fire while arrows are flying into the target (bowland arrow = Archery) in ancient wars....used to put fires in enemie's armours in ancient wars..also used as lubricant.

We have largely used as asphalt too... to streets and roads pavement.

People use thick varnish, or some vegetable resine or electrical insulating varnish or Betume inside transformers to damp it against vibrations..some loosen E/I plates may vibrate alike a bell ring.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Todd Johnson, Taj, the brilliant Layout Designer from the Corporation

provides me a gauge, a meter related forum accuracy... so...non sense or off topic things switches the meter on.

I love to imagine the boring folks dancing with this music around the fire..all that smell of sulphur.

ahahahahaha!

No money..but we really have fun here:)

YouTube - Dedicated to some forum boring folks.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Great review.

How is the dx blame es bass compared to esp p3a?

Senhor Carlos mentioned that dx blame bass does not have killer bass

Those are wonderfully contructed amps!

Finally after confidence level is high, the Blame ES is inserted into my main system. I don't have a suitable stepped attenuator to control volume yet so I have to use an average source with digital volume control. Noise from the amp is so low that the only sound I heard was not from the speaker, but my own blood pumping through the veins. Superb PSU design.

Source : Mede8er Full HD media player
Speakers: Scanspeak 8'' kevlar 2 ways (94dB/m)
Interconnects: DIY braided solid silver core.

Test track : Hotel California by the Eagles
Goosebumps sprout in the hundreds on the first 3 notes of the guitar.
The walls around me vanish, uplifting the soul to new heights. There is no midrange, highs or bass - only music.

Thanks again Carlos. I should have built this amp right from the start, but if I did, I wouldn't appreciate it as much as I have now. This is an amp that brings tears to the eyes, gets the foot tapping non stop and lets you feel the beauty of the music.

Special thanks to Rudi for his patience in answering my questions. I owe you some Blue Label whiskey.
Truly godlike sound...
:hohoho::happy1::cheers::cloud9::worship::wave2:

Ask, please, the subject by private mail dear Dexter..... not to bother Rodd Elliot

You know...i am DIY, uncle charlie amplifiers are for free..not a business.

A comparison, if not positive to the P3a will not help Rodd Elliot.

He is someone that sells boards.... and i am not the one sells with profit...so....not good for him if someone decide to publish reviews about.

Of course you are free to do that...but...if you can be kind enougth not to do here i will be ethernally gratefull by your special kindness.

I am sure Chlorophile will give you details about.

It is not enjoyment to me when a moment of happyness may cost some small reduction of sales to someone that use to help the community teaching things and providing a good home page to all of us.

I use to say my amplifier beated hundreds..but i use to be carefull not to point the ones it has beated to be friendly and kind with my friends..i use to say Dx Blame ST beated all mine and all i have listened..but i do not say if i have listened P3a or not...you will never see me in P3a thread saying things there..i do took care of my amplifiers and i let others in peace.... not fair to feed my pride reducing Rodd Elliot sales...this is what worries me.

Thank you by your attention.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.