Dx amplifier, builder's thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• schematic.jpg
    schematic.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 680
Suggested supply to the Dx amplifier

Each channel sucks 2.5A each rail from the supply.... 5 amperes will go to speaker (4 ohms).... 5000uf each rail.

So, this suggested supply is good to use together 2 channels if you operate those channels with 8 ohms speakers.

If you decide to use 4 ohms speakers, them double the electrolitic condenser value....or use one of those circuits to each channel.

Two supplies are suggested, as this will increase channel separation, dinamic power and sound stage.

Attachments

• dx supply.gif
    dx supply.gif
    41.8 KB · Views: 471
Grounding

the input ground (lifted using 10 ohms resistance) is exclusive the input audio cable shield.

main chassis ground is needed...bolt and nut or solder wire to the metalic chassis...near the secondary center tape and solder this center tape into this ground.

Run wire from this point to the board ground, to the electrolitic condensers central point, to the speaker ground, potentiometer metalic caps (if wooden panel is used..a non conductive panel) and heatsing must be grounded too.

Attention to the input ground .... the ground connector into your RCA input cannot be grounded into the main ground..this ground..the input ground, is insulated from the main ground.

...................................................................................................

Power transformer primary is fused too.... use 2 amperes to 220 volts mains, or 4 amperes to 110 volts.

destroyer X said:
From time to time i will "call this thread"
to keept this one alive into the main forum page.
There's a lot of folks still buiding this amplifier.

> There's a lot of folks still buiding this amplifier.

Nice for you, but ...
I would let those people post to your topic, when and if they want to get some good advice from you, destroyer.
You have the good experience to guide other, epsecially beginners, to build your great circuits.

> From time to time i will "call this thread"
> to keept this one alive into the main forum page.

So I notice.
This we usually call 'bump' one topic.
Most forum this is not allowed.

Here in diyaudio is no problem, not for you DX and not for me Lineup or John Curl.
We have very nice and forgivening moderators.
But all do not like this thing. We must understand this.
If you have nothing new to add to your topic or just use some psronal pictures of your family to bump your stuff
this is not really what I would recommend.
Imagnine what would forum look like if everybody topic starter did the same :D
My GOD .. if so, I would not want to by a member here no more.
Because only 6.34 % of posts would be something of use for diyaudio members.

If somebody asks you a question
or somebody posts some bad statement to or about you
you or I have the right to reply. The right to self defence.
This is common justice.

And finally I add something to contemplate, to think about,
this was for one period my signature in this forum.
We know this from countless many many scenes in american movies.
The 'Miranda warning', from the US Police

Regars
Lineup - avoids to add empty bumps, because he likes our forum stay good

Miranda Warning:

You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say
can and will be used against you in The Court of Forum.
Do you understand these rights?

.. no come, lets go to police house

Bump .. some short facts, in anglias:
Motivation

Many Internet forums show as their first page a list of the 20–50 topics or "discussion threads" most recently posted to.
Someone wishing to keep a thread on this first page, or bring an old thread back to it will post a reply to it purely to do this.
If they are open about this, the post may simply be the word "BUMP".

Netiquette

Thread bumping is commonly considered a breach of netiquette
and some moderated forums forbid it.

Users may get around that by posting what is ostensibly a genuine reply. Sometimes this will mockingly contain the word "bump" in it, such as "Wandering the forum, he bumps into this thread...", or be a trivial question or response such as "Anyone?" Bumping old or inactive ("dead") threads is occasionally called "necroposting" or "thread necromancy", and the bumped posts referred to as "frankenposts". "Dead" threads that are reawakened are often called "thread necros". People who resurrect old threads are often called "threadomancers". On some boards, bumping a new thread with no replies in order to elicit a response is tolerated, but resurrecting an old thread that has run its course and has been inactive for a period of time (usually anywhere from a few days to a month) is prohibited.

The acceptable practice is usually to start a new thread and link to the old thread so that readers can become familiar with the background information.
"My Ninja Kiwi" is an example of a site that strictly does not allow thread bumping
- you can get banned after a single offense.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.