Reducing noise in voltage regulators

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I found Jung schematics browsing the net. Does someone tried Sulzer regulator with AD797?
I build couple of jung/diden regulators years ago to modify my pioneer cd player and later for dac and they sound good as regulator for analog stage in cd player. I had a lot of problems implementing it(they tend to oscilate).

http://archives.e-insite.net/archives/ednmag/reg/1997/010297/01di_03.htm#fig1

good luck,

borisov57

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
reducing noise etc

Harry,

I looked at the link you gave, but as far as I remember these are sets of two boards, each can be used for either a pos or a neg regulator. They include an area for a (modestly sized) heatsink and also the remote sense option. I will check my archives, but that will take until monday evening. Alternatively, one could check the article in the 3/95 AA issue.

Cheers, Jan Didden

Edit: Now it comes back! These are boards that are pre-cut, sort of. Can be used for dual supply, or physically separated as two boards. At least that's how I designed them back then.

PCBD-3A/B Didden/Jung Super Regulators

Picture of stuffed board from magazine. Nice job on PCB layout, Jan.

Attachments

• jungreg.jpg
    jungreg.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 3,155
Go man go

Bit of a problem with stuffing at present, the boards arrived a week early, and I've not ordered the caps and semi's yet.

I'm onto it though...

A.

P.S. Well chuffed with results though - I used the Eagle PCB package, which is free for very small PCB's such as this. It's by far the most comprehensive, easy to use package ever, and I've used a few.

Whilst it lacks a few of the features of something like PowerPCB, for example, it's huge collection of libraries (I only had to create two parts) and general simplicity make it hard to beat. It's biggest limitation in this incarnation is board size.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.