This is the DHR.... Dx High Resolution Turbo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you Ragnwald.

0.022uf is the same as 223... also we call 22N
0.1uf is the same as 104 (four zeros after the 10)... also 100N

Picofarads use to be written as "J"... so, 220j means 220 picofarads.

Picofarads also appear with the number 1 in the last position, this seems the last number is zero (one zero)...so.... 221 is 220 picofarads

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• fotos 2888.jpg
    fotos 2888.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,221
dx turbo

dear sir
greetings how is your health is it improving hope you get well
soon tried dx turbo with 9 output pairs in 2 ohm load it works great
it is like the circuit from electronics australia 1960 which i assembled
20 years ago bullet proof but turbo has the sonics and less components can turbo output be cranked up to 1000 watts is it possible love the turbo god bless you sir for your pioneering work
for diy bye hope you get well soon
thanking you
andrew lebon

I have no more the DHR Turbo into my simulator

and i cannot make it again as will not be good to my health to enter all that data once again into the simulator.

Health is better, thank you, i am doing fine....but cannot be sitted for long time...so..computer time is reduced and operating in different body position.... reseach is made layed down with belly into the mattress and using prototype boards... those ones filled with electrical contact points...inserting leads and using thin wires....protoboard is the name here...breadboard maybe in english..... the hard work to build 2 power amplifiers each day is not more possible...also i cannot stay for too long using simulator..i have to move the body, to walk and not to stay sitted no more.... within these limits, i am feeling fine, great, happy and if needed i will send health to the hell and will sit and assemble because i am this way... when decided to do something, people can say you will die and i will do it anyway!

But i think you will not have too much problems to change the DHR Turbo amplifier to operate using higher voltages and producing higher power... despite i dislike the idea...but this is personnal..... say... it is up to you.

The resistance you have that feed the zener, maybe 3K9 or 4K7 into the original circuit must be increased related its ohmic value to protect the zener... so...if you decide to go to 100 volts, increase it to 8K2

All electrolitic condensers will need replacement to higher voltage units......

All transistors will need replacement to units that can hold more than 200 volts...in special de voltage amplifier will need attention on that... heatsink will have to be special, big size to this transistors and drivers must go to the main heatskink.

The supply electrolitic condenser will need replacement too... as voltage will increase... transformer must be bigger and heavier.... rectifiers must be huge one... heatsink will need replacement for an enormous unit.

Bootstrapp resistances will need power increase to 1 watt for safety reasons...also the drivers floating emitter resistance will need increase in dissipation power... also the resistance sending current to the zener may need substitution for a higher dissipation unit.

30 percent (more or less) reduction of floating emitter resistance value... the one you have in the driver's emitter is a good idea when facing low impedance loads..providing reserve of current to feed the output stage.

If you need all that power... then do it...but i ensure you will not perceive nothing different when you jump from 500 watts to 1 Kilowatt... our ears do not feel nothing with that increasing in power... only the speakers will perceive that... also your pocket wallet will be empty spending money with that.

I do not think it is a very good idea...but if you want, for sure will work fine.

Each pair of transistors should face 60 watts dissipation...so...if your amplifier is 600 watts RMS... install 10 pairs ... this is safe!..of course the unit can hold twice this value...but will not be very safe.

I do think, if you wanna know, high power amplifier is something very barbarian.... a little Neanderthal.... not a really Cro-magnon decision.... i do think efficiency is better than power...with 100 watts you can produce louder sound increasing speaker quantity and efficiency into your acoustical distribution of spots....but.... i have to respect other guys decisions and human differences.

regards,

Carlos

Picture is Italian enclosures to audio amplifiers.... very good ones..observe the panel thickness.

Attachments

• gabinete.jpg
    gabinete.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,081
I can help you... producing simulations and giving you good

support, but i have to be sure you will really do the job of building...not to waste my health with no result related your construction.

In my experience, the ones ask modifications, increasing of power, result doing nothing...i do not know exaclty why...but this is what statistically is happening with all folks i have made special circuits... they talked, talked and build nothing.

Maybe they are not sure if they really want to make..so they ask designer to produce custom.... as designer may not produce customize designs they can be rid of this job of construction... seems to me people that do not want to do the job and are trying
to fool themselves... i am not sure... but i could feel something alike that,

Buying transformer and parts... showing me pictures that you really gonna do it..including pictures from this one you have already made...then i will seat and will do simulations and will be at your service.

Using simulators i can check details of performance and we can enter the "real" voltage value after testing your transformer loaded with resistances...so... we gonna see what is real happening and adjust the amplifier to the real voltages an real load it gonna face during operation.... also, and much better, to tune it to the load you gonna use without energy wasting and overheating.

But i want guarantee that this will result in something built!

regards,

Carlos
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi carlos you know the 16v 1w zener diode in alexmm pcb,

is 1N4728 or 1N4745A or BZX85C16 good subsititute although they all seem to be same 16v 1w the forward voltage on some are 1.2v or higher and some have reverse leakage up to 11v, this is somewhat confusing me now.
also i need to find 39pf (50v) subsititute i cant get hold of ceramic type i can get hold of 39pf polystrene 160v or 39pf silver mica 500v i

am almost finished

Do not worry about such specifications into the zener.

find one that can hold the power and that will produce you the voltage you want.

Mica is always better.... silver mica is perfect.... poliester is very good and ceramic can be used into emergencies.

As Mr. Graham Maynard have explained to us..... those ceramic capacitors react with variable voltage applied into their terminals...it is more stable when you have the same amplitude, even with variating frequencies..but same amplitude (AC voltage).

Depending were you gonna use, it can be good or not so good...not so precise... not so perfect...into voltage amplifier, working as lag compensation...as Miller effect capacitor...it is no good..but can be used till you find the Silver Mica to substitute.

regards,

Carlos

My dhr Turbo 90% percent complete

Just waiting for fuse and fuse holders and 2X220uf 100v caps and am done (already got the toshiba trans, diodes and the other stuff i solder them after completing the nitty bitty stuff).

then i connect 43ac to rectifer bridge (26mb60b) and connect after this two 6800uf 80 volts caps and then get up to 63vdc and connect straight to the dhr turbo. unfiortunately dnt have softstart.

of course got to check the pots and do the bias and offset adjust and then measure with multimeter for dc volatge and if ok connect speaker and connect input jack wire. no heat sink yet but try out for ten seconds to hear that sound as test then buy heatsink and erm start on the other channel.

Attachments

• dhrturbomine.jpg
    dhrturbomine.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 969
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.