My MOSFET amplifier designed for music. - Page 10 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th June 2008, 12:24 PM   #91
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by space2000
hi mooly,

finally my parts has arives. should i follow your first posted circuit deisgn?

tell you one joke, Today i just tried to make class a simple circuit just for fun, using 2sk1058, the sound quality i really didin't like it, thou it was single ended class A amp. i want to ask you one question, does class A amp sound really good? honestly tells you i never heard class A amp sound ecpt mine ugly. i know yours is not class A. i will make one class A amp after i finish yours. i am thinking to make aleph-x...still far far away....ha.ha...have to learn more right...

Best regards
michael

Class A should sound very clean unless the signal is being distorted somewhere. Did you over drive the amp ?
Old 15th June 2008, 12:31 PM   #92
diyAudio Member

hi nigelwright7557,

i don't know the sound comming distorted like a bit humm....
sound not sweet and sharp at all...its like clean but not sweet...so i didn't like it.

the voltage was right and one resister gets very hot. transistor is ok...

so i was thinkign may be i am still not that level yet for making class A amp...right now...

Hi mooly,

sorry, need to ask you for parts list cause i need to know those resister watts and diod too....

thank you.
michael.
Old 15th June 2008, 01:11 PM   #93
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Space,
All 0.6 watt metal film apart from all the 0.22 ohms which are 3 watt types, and these must be non inductive-- no wirewounds-- try and get the cermet or film types, and the 10 ohm in the Zobel network which is a 2 watt carbon type. Unless you plan on testing at high powers and at high frequencies 2 watt is fine. The only diode is the 12 volt zener and any 0.4 or 1.3 watt type is fine.
Build it exactly as per the circuit to begin with. If you need any advice or help just ask
When it's nearly done let me know and I will post how to test it so if there are any problems or errors it won't pop the outputs.
Use a preset for R8 at first.
Old 15th June 2008, 01:31 PM   #94
diyAudio Moderator

Space--Those zeners shown over the MOSFET outputs are not real if you were wondering.
Old 15th June 2008, 01:34 PM   #95
diyAudio Member

hi mooly,

ok i will follow the same. as i have seen your amp need 45vdc, i have one transformer is 4amp 22-0-22v ac....do you think it should be right for this amp?....after dc will be about 32 to 36 vdc right? otherwise i have another one is 56v after dc arround 10amp.

what is the min and max voltage can be apply on it?

can i have a fresh circuit diagram? i saw yours is distorted image can't see clearly. you can post me to my email?....."mitoo_singapore@yahoo.com"

tomorrow i will go for buying some parts. thank you for help.

best regards
michael
Old 15th June 2008, 01:45 PM   #96
diyAudio Moderator

The 22 volt transformer is OK initially, the maximum power output will be reduced, thats all. If you mean -/+ 56 volts DC (112 volts total) from your other transformer then thats a little bit high really.
The smaller one is perfect for initially testing it all, don't go mad with bucket loads of smoothing caps, a pair of 4700 mfd or 6800 are ideal.
Old 15th June 2008, 01:51 PM   #97
diyAudio Moderator

Will send copy of circuit in a few minutes hopefully ---
Old 15th June 2008, 02:09 PM   #98
diyAudio Member

hi mooly,

I tell you my exp on class A today. when i made the class A amp. its like the worst power hungry animal i ever seen. Always hungry for power supply, suck all power from transformer even want to eat my transformer too. It was working but not at that level.

the amp is here......

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Solid/ZCA/ZCA.htm

molly, you send me the circuit design is not clear at all...some wordings can't read properly. pls check the email...

thank you.
mchael

Old 15th June 2008, 02:11 PM   #99
diyAudio Moderator

On it's way -- is it any better.
Old 15th June 2008, 02:20 PM   #100
diyAudio Moderator

True single ended Class A -- which it sounds like you were playing with is very inneficient. The only advantage of Class A is in eliminating crossover distortion, but it is still prone to all the other problems that affect other classes. Class A in itself is no guarantee of good sound quality or technical quality come to that.
It's how it's implemented that counts.

Hide this!Advertise here!