My MOSFET amplifier designed for music

Hello Yogilla,
I will do it over tbe weekend and attach here.
Regards
Prasi

Hello Prasi,
I did another PCB order today and managed to add this gerber.
You don't have to waste time on that change.
I'm sorry for the trouble.
Regards
Andrzej

27.png

Last edited:
bullittstang, have you gotten around fixing the issue? After reading about your issue, I am interested in assembling mooly's amp using recycle parts that I collected over the years. Actually, I started out restoring/modifying an old amp. But my collections of parts are limited. And was looking into using mosfets. I have more of vertical FETs than literal. Which brought me here. I am trying to see how I can easily change BJTs to FETs or Darlingtons.

bullittstang - because you mentioned there are noises when probing binding gnd post, I think you have a bad power supply. Test with another power supply. The power supply core wires might be touching each other internally or the chassis. Or test the ps by removing the amps, and see if its pulling current.

Joined 2013
Paid Member
bullittstang, have you gotten around fixing the issue? After reading about your issue, I am interested in assembling mooly's amp using recycle parts that I collected over the years. Actually, I started out restoring/modifying an old amp. But my collections of parts are limited. And was looking into using mosfets. I have more of vertical FETs than literal. Which brought me here. I am trying to see how I can easily change BJTs to FETs or Darlingtons.

bullittstang - because you mentioned there are noises when probing binding gnd post, I think you have a bad power supply. Test with another power supply. The power supply core wires might be touching each other internally or the chassis. Or test the ps by removing the amps, and see if its pulling current.
Late response - I put the amp boards away and have been building two other Nelson Pass Class A amps that have been sitting around for a few years. I removed and tested all actives as well as every resistor and diode and everything checked out both with DMM and Chinese parts tester.

You could be right on the PSU, but it was from a working amplifier I recycled and I have the same issue with a different Toroidal/Capacitor bank outside the chassis on my test bench, so I am at a loss at the issue, so it will sit until I have some time (and desire) to get back to the fixing the problem.

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I recently had some PCB's made at JLCPCB, as per Prasi's design & Gerbers (Post #904 - https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...esigned-for-music.119151/page-46#post-5870255), and have some 'spare' boards available. They were made in 1.6mm FR-4, Blue, with White silks, 100% as per Prasi's Gerbers, and I have 6 PCB's available @ £1.10 ea. Anyone interested who'd like a set, please just drop me a pm.

Alan
Hi Alan,
Thanks for your offer, I think I sent pm but the system is changed from the last time I used it.
Let me know if it has arrived.
Thanks
Aubrey

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Goldie99

Two PCBs from you cost here the equivalent of 2,2£ = 2.64€. The belgian post says your pack did arrive in Belgium today. They want me to pay taxes at 19,19€ for the delivery home, this means in pounds : 15,99£. Sorry Goldie99, but I can't understand this way of proceeding : I think at once to thieves. The post writes that these PCBs will be sent to you in april 06 if I don't pay them before this day. As they obliged me to use only their system of payment, no other one, I will not pay the 19,19€. Please feel free to provide these PCBs in another good home when you get them back.

Best regards

rephil

Hi Rephil - I'm sorry to hear that - makes no sense to me at all, except some kind of 'Brexit' issue. The customs forms were correctly completed, with the correct value declared (£2 20), etc. - please do NOT pay anything at all. I will refund your previous payment this morning, and get them to you, free of charge, by another means.

In the mean time, I'll contact Parcelforce and try to find out what & where the problem is ? Will pm any additional info I get.

Best regards,
Alan

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Goldie99

Don't worry for the money my friend, please, don't give me what I did pay for the PCBs : I would only be pleased if you provide these PCBs to a good home, maybe free if so you want. My friend, the Brexit is a real pain for all of us ! So don't add other pain to what these "nice" people already did to you and to me ! If you want to get the copy of the paper I have recieved today from the belgian post, only say it.

Have a nice day Goldie99

Best regards

Joined 2004
Paid Member
@ Goldie99

Thank you for your refund, but it was not necessary. Maybe in other european countries will you find only taxes to be paid, and not the 15€ a pop that the belgian post takes for their intervention.

As you see, I think positive ... Have a nice end of this day my friend.

Best regards Alan

@ schillg11

I am interested in your offer, and as I buy many things in Germany (e.g. Reichelt), I know that the delivery is fast and not so expensive. You have pm.

Thank you for your so inexpected and friendly offer.

Best regards Günni