Layouting for free

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jean Paul,

I think that the regulation provided by the LM317 will be enough? Afterall, V ref is shared by all tubes, so if it changes a bit it doesn't matter, as all tubes change by the same amount. And we are dealing with output tubes and large signals, so ultimate regulation isn' necessary ( I am sure there are much "better" regulators than LM317/337 out there)

Erik

... what do you mean?

230x59mm or if both supplies on the same side 180x120mm.

Attachments

• IG_4X_BRD.jpg
    IG_4X_BRD.jpg
    886 KB · Views: 249
  • IG_4X_SKETCHUP.jpg
    IG_4X_SKETCHUP.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 237
  • IG_4X_1.png
    IG_4X_1.png
    840.7 KB · Views: 227
Hi Jean-Paul

It does look very good! Thank you! Where do I order them? :)

Still, I found I ommited something in my B- schematics, namely the additional RC filtering stage in the doubler and quadrupler. The bridge filter + smoothing includes the RC filtering on the left. In the doubler I can replace a jumper with a resistor do make the RC (small red circle), but in the quadrupler unfortunately not. I redraw the schematic, adding an additional RC stage (large red circle). Do you think you could add that to the PCB?

Many thanks again, best regard!
Erik

Attachments

• HV B- supply.png
    HV B- supply.png
    342.3 KB · Views: 207
Hello Jean-Paul,
Do you think it might be feasible to have a quick and dirty layout for a 2 channel version of the attached schematic?
It's a phono preamp using 2sk170 Jfets.
Only one channel shown.
Thanks
Nick

Attachments

• phono-2sk170.jpg
    phono-2sk170.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 230
Hello Erik,

Ok?

I like to order my PCB´s from multi-cb.

JP

HI Jean-Paul,

thank you! And you read my mind, as I was going to ask for a PCB manufacturer :)

I went to Multi-cb' website Leiterplatten,PCB, SMD-Schablonen - Discount, Kurze Lieferzeit, Qualitt and went to the PCB calculator, still besides 2 layer, delivering time, board dimensions, board thickness, and quantity I could not fill in anything :O Furthermore, I saw they do not sell to private clients, bummer for me.

I do have to think about an alternative.

many thanks again! Erik

Hello Nick,

quick and dirty!

Well that was much quicker and less dirty than I would have thought :D

If I can propose a couple of alterations:

1- Have different footprint options for the output cap (some might want to use big and bulky PIO caps or Wima MKP)

2- Have the possibility to break the board in two, making it a dual mono? this would just entail two separate power intakes that could be jumpered?

Thanks a lot!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.