Sylvania BriteArc lamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
I have been doing a few searchs for a nice lamp for my projector and today i found sylvania BriteArc lamps. Anyone ever tryed this? Anyone knows something about this lamps?
This lamps looks goods and one guy from a lamp factory told me that this lamps are much better than HQI.

" It has an arc gap a third of the length of HQI so focusses much more light on the screen, it has a slim single ended design making the optics much easier, and a high colour temperature like UHP which is stable through life. It is a professional lamp that is sold for moving head image projectors found in discos and stage lighting.(...)We make them here from 150W up to 12,000W ratings. They sell for between about €75 and €4000 a lamp, and run on a standard sodium lamp ballast, same as HQI.
"

I found this info about this lamp:

http://www.interflux.pl/wwwpages/products/lampy_uv/sylvania/sylvaniabritearc.html

trev and this lamps are better than HQI?
i'm asking this still related with my UHP bulp.. as i said i talked with one guy from a lamp factory about how to power up my UHP lamp, he gave me some help and stuff but as this seems to complicated and envolving so much voltage i asked about the HQI lamps.. and he said what i posted before and talked about this lamp. he wanted to trade my uhp for this bulb.. i assume my uhp and the light board has a higher value but well.. i was thinking about this...
I'm confused about this lamp things.. i wanted something easy to mount, small and cold :xeye: :cannotbe:

damn i so confused. i don't know what to do :(
i just wanted a small, cheap, bright, with a decent life and cold lamp. i'm using an hallogen of 150w and obvious is dark.. the size is great because theres no ballast i just wanted a bit more light...
this light stuff is really complicated

I dont blame you,

The GE has good specs but is a dud @ 200 hrs. The philips is ok but they cant make up their mind on the cri 96 and "up to 92" listed on the same page! (Who pays these guys?)

If you want a GE, the Arcstream 250W is the way to go. 10,000hrs 90CRI 6,000K 19000 lumens T15 which works well in an elliptical reflector.

ok i'm lost... :(

I don't know what to get. And you guys already talked about so much lamps that i don't understand anymore :bawling:

I asked about the BriteArc lamps because one guy was offering me this lamp in trade of my UHP. i know UHP is better but i can't power it up :xeye:

If's they are not worth what would be a decent/cheap/cold/small light set to use with my 5" projector? It's for use with a 5" but something that i can use lately with a 7" projector that i'm planing to upgrade after do this one well.

Please help me :confused:

Hi

I'll do some searches in local stores here in Portugal to see if i can find that lamps and respective ballasts.
That lamps are similar or completely different? I mean.. if i buy one lamp and respective ballast that ballast can't be used with the other lamp?

Thanks for your advices IEA.

That lamp you indicated is a probe start from what I gather (it states it uses HPS ballasts) and 'technically' uses another ballast. I have seen people stating they can use probe start bulbs with pulse start ballasts. I've not done it myself nor am I recommending it - just telling you what I've read.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
Well wheather its a kick start, pulse start, fart start, heart start or wheel start there are 2 things thats more overly important, and thats the voltage and current.

In the link below there are the specs for various bulbs. Your ballast, and ignitor must match the voltage and amperage of your bulb. Failing this it simply wont start.

For an example its happend to me. I use a CMH 150w the amperage draw is 1.8amps and the voltage is 95v, my ballast has exactly this. I went to try a CDM-T 150w on this ballast that has the specs of 1.8amps and 90v. No go, it didnt run.

Metal halide bulbs are the most sensitive of the bunch when it comes to power and amperage. If your gear doesnt put out exactly what the bulb requires it simply wont fire as i soon found out from testing and later reading.

Alap, my advice to you is to buy a lamp kit, this will be the easiest thing for you. The bulbs IEF mentioned are also fine for your lcd and run reasonably cool.

The Osram bulb will not run on the gear for a CDM-T, or vise verser.

http://net2.alpha.net.nz/ATCO/Contr...69370002f796/20c52a21476b5216cc2569b3007e87ae!OpenDocument

Trev:)

ace3000_1 said:
Well wheather its a kick start, pulse start, fart start, heart start or wheel start there are 2 things thats more overly important, and thats the voltage and current.

I don't agree in the case of trying to start a pulse start bulb on a probe start ballast. Your amperage and voltage can be exact, but without an ignitor you aren't starting that bulb.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
Probe start lamps can be used on SOME HPS ballasts pulse start no. Probe start still have an ignitor, some are bult in to the bulb. The only difference between a pulse start and a probe start is that the probe start has an extra wire inside to help start the arc, normally coupled with a diode.

A pulse start ballast pulses itself from the ignitor to create a charge, normally 5k, probe start dont do this, they either use a totally different ignitor or the bulb has its own built in, (normally a resistor). The extra wire in the bulb helps start the lamp.

Trev:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.