Possible Parallel the AD1955??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
From an audio signal perspective, you can parallell any current output DAC chip. What you have to watch, though is that the VREF (typically resistors -- halve the value for 2 in parallell or use separate paths to ground) are correctly applied and that you IV converter can handle the multiplied current (typically reduce the gain by N and make sure the analog filter response does not change.

The digital audio side of things: Most DAC chips seem quite happy to receive S/PDIF signal in parallell.

Now, the control side of things might not be so happy. Modern chips of the type you mention typically require significant programming. To my knowledge, most of these can go in parallell without any trouble.

Petter

dear all,

i think every one know hatasa have a website, but do everyone know he is the ownership of a company in HK,

www.audioxtension.com/rev/963sa/963.htm

please see this link, when he face problem in doing modificaation to CD player for customer he always ask question in here, but instead of interest, he collect information and opinions and earn money!

And in this link, he propose to parllel AD1955, but he ask you all how to parllel AD1955!
once he know how to do, he will promote to customer, and use sample from AD to earn money!

do we accept?

Hi,

Thanks anyone whom really helped on me....

I need to clarify something,

1/. Yes! I am the owner of the company Audioxtension and working on the modification service.... I havent hide something on it or I use the other name here... I am not the stupid!

2/. I have never use the sample for the commerical use.... and I am not going to use the sample for earn money.... Please behave what you talking!

At the end of the article told I've got the sucessful on the replacement the upsampling part to the other chip --- AD1896. But that's not means I will going to provide that to others with the samples; if I need to do this, I will import the chips. AD just provide 1 or 2 pcs of the samples only... how can I possible to use "them" for the modification to my clients!

I never think that I will provide the service on parallel the DAC also.... Look it have to take risk and it is not easy! I asking about this becoz just wonder anybody really can do this or done already, that's all....

Sometimes I really mad that someone easy to say something make trouble to others on the web... I am asking what I need to know, and I also try my best to find the answer for other peoples asking here, am I doing something wrong? Is that I cant ask the questions about what I am working on?

I also provide the DSD direct connection with the zapfilter here and also provide the service manual of them.... it is also the important part of my business. I also share this kind of the important info from my company in here! I just what to share the experience to each other, Am I wrong?

Or you just mind that I am using the experience to earn money? I would like to know who can earning the money without the experience?

I've got shame here.... becoz the one who suspecting my goal is the Chinese..... Open you mind, comeon!

I will leave here if someone really feel not happy!

I don't see anything wrong with asking questions on a forum, and I don't care if it's business related or not. When the question is answered this becomes an info that can benefit not only the person who asked the question, but everybody else reading it.

So what kind of chip do you carry on your shoulder that your first post starts with a complaint on another member? Is it because he interferes with your business?

Thank you for the reply rfbrw,

I suppose that in the case of current output I need a I/V stage for each DAC while in the case of voltage output the summing could be done straightforward through a resistor.

Could you help me with more details/examples?

How about the I2S input, how do you feed the DAC's?

Ok I have several AD1955 chips and 2 AK4396.

The AD1955 is more intricate as it needs an external current source. It sinks current.

The AK4396 is capable of around 2V output.

How should I proceed in each case regarding the output stage and how should I drive them?

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
peranders said:
How much is that really? :scratch:
About 15 dB. The DAC is already linear enough in most of the audio band, but as frequency rises towards 20 kHz the performance is not that great, so such an improvement is welcome. It's good enough that I'm going to implement it in the SHARC I'm using for the oversampling filter--something that has to be done anyway because on-DAC filters are generally rather poor (though the newest Wolfson and ESS stuff seem to stand out from the rest), and thus the multi-DAC thing would be a minor addition.

Hi abzug,

Originally posted by abzug
...I'm going to implement it...

Have they released enough information about it publicly for this to be possible? Or do you have inside info on the system? At first glance I'd say it looks like some kind of subtractive dither system (using shaped dither), where the subtraction is done via analogue means. Is that along the right lines?

I guess what I'm trying to ask is: is there more information anywhere that's not just written by marketing people?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.