• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Super V/i converted (LL1684 )

LL1684 is ****. Try Burson Supreme.

Erlend, Do actually like your comment. Many do not like op amps but again it depends on which one, and I do believe the Burson is probably very good within the opamp realm.

I do wonder however, whether the Burson SQ audibly beats the best Burr Brown op amps. There is probably not much in it, as they are probably both very good. But I do however tend to prefer discrete components for their use in flexible designs.

Transformers are useful for cleaning up and taming the sound but you can lose more than you gain.

Hello Quang Hao,
Same question,
I want to use 1 : 4 transformer LL1674 ( rdc primary = 33 ohm / rdc secondary 605 ohm) to have more gain. Can i use it ?
Br
Jacky

hi!

you can do that

thank

Attachments

• do that.jpg
    do that.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 373
hi!

you can do that

thank

Hello Guang Hao,
Sorry , but if i understand well, in this case i have a 4 : 1 transformer and not a 1 : 4 transformer for more gain.
I want to use LL1674 or LL1676 (1 : 2) in your dac converter.

LL1684 = 1:1 / Prim dc = 41 ohm/winding / Second dc : 41 ohm
LL1674 = 1:4 / Prim dc = 33 ohm/winding / Second dc : 605 ohm
LL1676 = 1:2 / Prim dc = 145 ohm/winding / Second dc : 605 ohm

Br
Jacky

Hello Guang Hao,
Today i have only LL1684 and i must buy them.
I must made the right choice before buying them (350$) :confused:
Br
Jacky

Not only the cost of LL1684. Those 10uf Caps on the board also impact sound. Standard ESA 10uf are so, so. Caps does not have to have such high capacitance. 2,2uf is enough. So you can get 2,2uf of better quality than ESA.
I personally would love to have capacitorless transformer outputstage for sabre.
Something like: Teramoto FINEMET transformer.