• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
voltage wise, and heater wise the specs are pretty much the same.

However, the 6n6p has a completely different pinout, so you will need to either.... air wire your sockets, or cut traces and reroute using wire to the socket.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

the pinouts couldnt be much more different... frustratingly.

Thanks, I saw that. But how can this say that it's an exact replacement for a E182cc when it's clearly not according to those pin outs? :confused:

Some image of my friend s DAC-end2, no I/V stage

Attachments

• DSC_6272.jpg
    DSC_6272.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 511
  • DSC_6288.jpg
    DSC_6288.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 512
  • DSC_6294_2.jpg
    DSC_6294_2.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:
BOZ or JFet BOZ for line amplification

I might be cursed and thrown out asking this in a thread with so many tube lovers :)

Did somebody try a Bride Of Zen ( BOZ ) approach for the line level amplification?
or it's JFet counterpart Jfet BOZ (Lineup version with a bit lower THD ~0.06% or Nelson Pass version from 1st page) ?
In simulations both versions have a very nice, monotonically decaying THD spectrum, as tubes do, with THD from 0.06% to 0.2% depending on parts used.

I don't want to start a dispute between tube vs. fets, just from pure curiosity, as it costs almost nothing, only a good output cap.

Thanks.

Last edited:
1. Strosek: full set
2. boudy : full set
3. ksnider1: full set
4. toufu : (IV + Supply For IV) x 2
5. ferrari: (IV + Supply For IV) x 3
6. analogdiy: full set
7. wobii: full set
8. Cobra2: (IV + Supply For IV) x 2
9. mikelm: full set
10. le´flu: just one salas reg please

Quantity updated (one additional for a friend).

I might be cursed and thrown out asking this in a thread with so many tube lovers :)

Did somebody try a Bride Of Zen ( BOZ ) approach for the line level amplification?
or it's JFet counterpart Jfet BOZ (Lineup version with a bit lower THD ~0.06% or Nelson Pass version from 1st page) ?
In simulations both versions have a very nice, monotonically decaying THD spectrum, as tubes do, with THD from 0.06% to 0.2% depending on parts used.

I don't want to start a dispute between tube vs. fets, just from pure curiosity, as it costs almost nothing, only a good output cap.

Thanks.

Ohh this is OUTRAGEOS!!! *** Just Kidding **

No, I never tried and I don't see why not trying.
I was actually going to design an hybrid tube input mosfet single ended output power amp as an experiment to see if the mosfet stumbles compared to tube power stage. I suspect mosfet is slow compared to tube.

Ohh this is OUTRAGEOS!!! *** Just Kidding **

No, I never tried and I don't see why not trying.
I was actually going to design an hybrid tube input mosfet single ended output power amp as an experiment to see if the mosfet stumbles compared to tube power stage. I suspect mosfet is slow compared to tube.

I have used the following Borbely/Welborne hybrid as a line stage and will use it with a differential output DAC I am experimenting with. As a side comment I have also used 6H6P in the line stage. Sounds good to my ear.

DAC Tube Output Stage Kit

See also the CATO at the same site.

Best

Well the boards are nearly complete.. Just waiting for the last couple of parts, now its time to order the Transformers..

Which types/models is everyone using? I'm open to suggestions as new to this..
I had a look at the R-core R80-36 on ebay for the IV stage, just that the specs don't sound right.
R80-36 260-230-0-230-260(90mA). 2.5-0-2.5(3A).(3.15-0-3.15)X2(3A)
Is this the right one?

What about to run the salas shunts?

Well the boards are nearly complete.. Just waiting for the last couple of parts, now its time to order the Transformers..

I had a look at the R-core R80-36 on ebay for the IV stage, just that the specs don't sound right.
Is this the right one?

That's the one I've used. Available also from Diyclub.biz
For Salas I've used two separate 10va 9+9V PCB toroidal transformers: one for Digital section (9V) and another for the two 9V 9V for Analog section. Total 3 transformers

Last edited:

Is this the right one?

the Salas shunt need:
2 or 3 : 9-12 V/ min 100mA
You can choice R-core (R26-28) for Salas shunt, It is good

The supply I/V need: 0- 260V min 50mA
The Filament need: 0-9 V min 3A

Hi Quanghao,
I'm started to find a components on web,I check the part list and I found a mistake.
Part list DACEND2 about capacitors 0,01uF are N.4, but on schematics I found 11 components 0,01uF(10nF): I suppose that only C26-C27-C28-C29 are 0,01uF and all othres are 0,1uF (100nF).
That's right?

Thanks
Ivano

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.