• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Focal Beryllium tweeters for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got brand new and unused Focal Beryllium tweeters, the original from the "Grande Utopia". Probably one of the best tweeters in the world.

Somebody interested? A Focal Car Beryllium worth about 1000€/ pair, mine worth more new, but don't worry, will not ask such prices...

Pictures upon request.

Have also the "W" midranges going with, and some 7" "W" cones woofers from the 1037Be speakers.

Rgds,
Rainer

Utopia midranges

Hi Elbert,

These are the original Grande Utopia 6" W cone midranges, which are mounted in parallel (MTM) in the Grande, as well as in the Nova Utopia (same drivers).

I don't think so that they are suitable to be used as a single midrange (non MTM), because of their high impedance (about 13 ohms).

Are you looking for a single or dual midrange (per box) for your project?

I might get some lower impedance 6" mids in a very similar construction.

Rainer

W cone midranges

Hi Elbert,

I have two types of midranges:
One pair of 6" with 40mm VC and a Neodymium magnet system, with a rather high sensitivity, which ate used in the professional Focal monitors SM11.

Another pair are the 6" with a regular ferrite magnet system and about 90dB sens. These ones have a 32mm VC.

They are 8 ohms drivers I believe, I have to measure the DC.

Diaphragms are pretty the same (rather thin and light), with one single layer of fiberglass on the front.

Since I'm tyiding up my garage where I have all my stuff, I'll take them off tomorrow, can make some pics and get some more data.

Since I know the sound of both of them, I can advice you: tell me what you're looking for.

Rgds,
Rainer

Re: bewhatsit tweeters

exurbia said:
Hi Rainer,
Do you still have the Focal tweeters. How much do you want for them ? If the price is too scary to post you can email me.
TTFN,
Peter.

Email me please, since I'm new on the forum I'm still under moderation and can't send direct emails (but you can mail me).

Then I'll not to scary you!

Rgds,
Rainer

Elbert said:
Rainer,

Thanks for the reply, but I just ordered a set of Focals (access 6a's) from Zalytron.

Sorry for the trouble, but I'm surte someone will be ready to pick up those drivers anyway! :)

Best regars,

Elbert

OK, I apreciate your choice, even though Focal Access drivers have in common with w-cones as much as some (Old) Beetle tyres with Ferrari P1 tyres... but if you don't like, write me again.

Rgds,
Rainer

Yes, the Access drivers are probably not in the same league as the drivers you have, but they were a good bargain at 35$ each! :)

But If I get seriously disappointed, I'll contact you in case you stil have the midranges for sale! :)

By the way, since these drivers are from a monitor, is there any data and frequency plots available?

Elbert said:
Yes, the Access drivers are probably not in the same league as the drivers you have, but they were a good bargain at 35$ each! :)

But If I get seriously disappointed, I'll contact you in case you stil have the midranges for sale! :)

By the way, since these drivers are from a monitor, is there any data and frequency plots available?

Yes, some data are available. Email-me and I'll send them to you this week-end.

Rgds,
Rainer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.